Now you know

Max's P.O.V:

I woke up face down on my bed.
I had a huge hangover again.
I turned my head and saw I was still wearing that bloody hoodie- the smell of alcohol emanating from it was strong.

I finally decided to have a shower and got dressed. I sluggishly walked into the kitchen. I stopped in the door way.

Ross was sitting down at the table, he was eating some ceral and watching anime on his Ipad.
I caught a glimpse of his stitches and a whirlpool of guilt hit me, burring deep within my stomach.
He saw me and paused what he was watching.

"H-hey Max..." he paused. I sat down at the table and buried my head in my hands. "Ross- I am so sorry dude I just-" I began but Ross cut me off. "Max I'm fine! I'm not a kid- I can take care of myself! I just wanna know why you're taking them" he clearly wasn't in the mood for any bull sh*t, plus I felt like the guilt was slowly starting to consume me.

I sigh.

"Ross you know I have a sister right?" I asked, Ross nodded in agreement. "Well she's gotten really sick and has been spending most days in the hospital" I tried not to sound sad but it didn't help when my voice cracked mid-sentence.

"She's gotten worse and so in a couple of days I have to leave to go to New York to look after my niece and nephew" I paused for a moment "and I won't see you guys in a long time- at least 6 months..." the realization really kicked in when I said those words.
"Max... we can always talk over the phone, facetime" he said sympathetically. "I know but it's not the same as you being there" my heart sunk once again.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Ross asked "because it's my personal problem- I'm not going to bother you with my crap!" I reply.
"Max you bull headed piece of Crap!" Ross yells and slaps me across my face.
"ROSS WHAT THE HELL?!" I shout. "Don't you understand?! I care about your problems whether you like it or not! You're my best friend!" His voice was filled with determination.

"And I'm going to march down to work and demand that you get your job back!" Ross starts to stomp to the door before I grab his hand.

He yelps in pain.

"Sorry- look Ross it's fine. I'll go and apologize to them but I'm never getting my job back!" I wasn't lying.
"Max..." "no look Ross I f**ked up- really badly! It's best if I just apologize, pay for the computer and leave" Ross wasn't going to let that happen.

So I explained everything to the guys, about my depression, about my sister- everything. They understood and I paid for the computer.

It all turned out better than I thought.