Back to the beginning

Ross' P.O.V:

It was about 1:13 when my phone began to buzz.

It was an unknown number.

"H-hello" I tried to sound awake but I was too tired. "Hello this is Constable Harvey" that woke me up.
"Do you know a Max (don't know what his last name is)" he asked "uh yeah is he ok?" I sat up- I was really worried now.

"Yes he is fine we just need you to come and drive him home- he's being a public nuance" the Constable gave me directions to where Max was.

When I arrived the square was empty, the Constable was leaning against his car, two cops were beside Max trying to calm him down.
His hair was all messed up, he was wearing the bloody hoodie and holding a half empty bottle of some alcohol.

"Are you Ross?" The Constable asked but before I could reply Max yelled "Hey Ross!" He drunkly stumbled towards me-the officers followed close behind. "Hey every-" he looked around at the open area, realizing no one was there.

"Hey everyone! This is my best friend Ross!" He took a swig of his drink. "Op! Probably not anymore though! You see this" he swayed unbalanced, showing the cops his bloody sleeve.
"I opened up his stitches and Adam fired me!" He said and took another swig of his alcohol.

"Wait what, Adam-" I can't believe what I was hearing.
"M-Max we're still friends- I want you to have your job back"
"Thanks buddy I love you" he stumbled over to me. "But don't let any fans hear that they'll probably write a fanfic" he paused "yer some weirdos on the internet 'ship us' kissing like this!" Before I knew it Max had grabbed my face and pulled it to mine. <they were kissing>
His breath tasted like alcohol and burned my mouth.
I pulled away. I expected the officers to look shocked but they remained stone faced. "Max WTF?!" I exclaim. "Haha just like that!" He took a last swig before throwing the bottle blindly into the open space.

"Come on Max-let's go home" I helped him into the car and drove him home. He passed out half way home and I had to lug him up to his bed.
I walked out and left him there.

I turned around "your still my best friend Max" I whispered and closed the door- cloaking him in darkness.