The Curtain (Chapter 2)

May 28, 2578.

"So remember, make sure people have money to play the games. Make sure all games are cleaned off of food or drinks, and finally make sure nobody is trying to spend a night here," Renee tells me.

I slurp up my strawberry smoothie, I haven't realize how pretty she really is. Her long blonde hair and blue eyes made her look like a pretty young woman.

But I know she is very shy, I look at her. She mumbles something beneath her breath. "Did you even hear a word I said?," she asks.

"Hmm? Oh yeah I did," I lied. "Okay, so here are the keys and the store opens at 9:30," she says. She takes the keys out of her pocket and I take them from her hand.

I look at the keys, and I go and open the door to the store. I don't flip the sign. Renee grabs her coffee and sips on it.

I walk around the store getting some sort of information on what games are in the store. I look around and see Pac Man, Sonic, Mario, and other games.

I am about to stop my searching until I see a black curtain. It's covering a whole entire different room.

I walk over to it and I am about to open the curtain until I feel a hand grab my shoulder. I turn to see Renee glaring at me.

I smile,"What's up?," I ask. Renee sighs in annoyance. "I told you your not allowed to go in there," she says.

I look at her than look back at the curtain,"Is there something in there you don't want me to see?," I ask mischievously.

Renee looks at me than looks at the curtain, her eyes are showing signs of worry. "I just... well there is something behind the curtain. But it's need to be kept hidden, okay?," she asks.

I look at the curtain for one moment, I sigh. "Okay."