The Game (Chapter 5)

It's 9:00p.m., closing time. As I am about to walk out the door Renee quickly walks out in front of me.

I watch as she heads to her car. "What a second Renee?!," I call. She stops and looks at me while still fumbling for her keys in her purse.

"Where are you going? Your the one who closes this shop, it's yours!," I say. "Oh yeah! I forgot I'm so upset that I forgot to tell you," she says.

Finally she finds her keys. "I have to go to the hospital. My father just had a massive heart attack," Renee says.

I quickly become much calmer. "You want me to shut the place down?," I ask.

She looks at me. "If you can, that will be great thanks so much," she says smiling.

Renee gets in her car and starts the engine, she drives up close to me. She pulls the window down. "Thanks again and goodnight," she says.

She speeds off to the city. I watch. I haven't realize how wild the city truly looks, I head back inside.

⚫️🔵⚫️🔵⚫️🔵⚫️🔵⚫️🔵⚫️🔵⚫️
All the lights and games are off, as I walk out the store, about to lock it, I hear something.

I hear what seems like electronic music, I turn around and I see the black curtain light up with lights.

I quickly believe that someone is here and I grab a nearest weapon that happens to be a mop.

I slowly creep in towards the curtain and I quickly pull it aside to see nobody except for the game.

"Fortune Days," I read the game's title. This has to be the game Renee wanted gone, but the game doesn't look that bad.

It actually looks brand new. I drop the mop and I sit at the game's control panel.

I press a couple of buttons and it says,"Play game?." I look over my shoulders,"What the hell," I say.

I press play.

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
She watched carefully from the window as Nate plays the game.

Venus flips her long thick purple hair to the side. "Looks like another one is biting the dust."
💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

Author's note.
My favorite song from my favorite Electronica music group. The Glitch Mob, theme song for my story. It fits because the name of the song, then the name of the story.
By the way I changed Violet's name to Venus.