Addiction to the Fortune (Chapter 6)

2 days later.
I tap on the door impatiently, counting down the minutes left until closing time. Renee looks at me with her blue eyes filled with worry.

She finally walks up to me and punches my arm as a greeting. "Hey, you have been in distress since you got here. What's wrong?," Renee asks.

I shrug. "Can't get any sleep," I answer quickly. Renee nods her head. "Have you been applying to any colleges?," she asks.

I look down in disappointment. Renee sighs. "Okay, I'll leave you alone."
🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
8:00, closing time. Renee says goodnight, but I instead hide behind the store. I have a bobby pin with me in case.

I see Renee walk out the store, get into her car, and drive away. I am about to go to the door when I see another car pull up in parking space and a person walks up to the store.

Venus. Her long dark purple hair is curled and pulled back into a ponytail. She is only wearing a white tank top and blue jeans and black sandals.

She goes up to the door and tinkers with the knob. After about 10 minutes she leaves the door and goes back inside her car and speeds off.

I quickly go up to the door expecting it to be lock instead I turn the knob and it opens. Did Venus open the door? Does she know what I have been doing for the past three days?

I shake my head. She couldn't know, could she? I shrug and go to the store and go to the black curtain.

The game sat in it's place as always. The game is already on. I smile and go to play another round.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
She watches him play the game. Nate is nearing closer to the level that will change everything.

Venus sighs.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜