Chapter 1 ~Bad News~

This book has mature content so warning for you, there will be some really sad parts and suicidal parts too.

"Happy birthday Marinette! " Alya said, popping one of those party poppers. Alya ran to Marinette and hugged her. Confetti fell on Marinette's hair, leaving a pile of it on her head.

" Happy birthday Marinette!" many cheers from her relatives and friends. Today was Marinette's 18th birthday which to her, couldn't have been better with her friends along her side.

A smile was plastered on Marinette's face the whole entire party, and you can't get it off. It was now night and the party ended with her guests leaving, giving their best wishes. Her parents, of course has to clean up the mess. Marinette was now upstairs, unwrapping her extra presents until she overheard her parent's conversation.
"Honey, Marinette is grown up, she can handle herself alone." She hears her mother say to her father.
"I know, but what if something happens?" Her father protested.
"It would be a great opportunity for us"
"Fine, I just don't want to leave her" her father finally gave in.
' leaving?' Marinette thought, as she drifted off to sleep with tears twinking down.

The next day

"Marinette! Wake up!" Her mother's voice alarmed from down stairs. Marinette got out of her bed, still in her pjs and walked down stairs. She saw her mother and father sitting on the couch facing her. She immediately knew that this isn't going to end well, based on what she heard last night.

"Marinette, me and your mother have something to discuss about" her father spoke up.

"It's that we are going to China for a couple of months or so." her mother said smiling. A sigh of relief escaped her mouth.

"We thought that you couldn't handle it but now you are almost an adult!" Her father said chuckling.

"I'm fine dad and you should go!" Marinette said with beamed excitement.

"We are leaving tomorrow darling" her mother said. Marinette smiled at her parents and went upstairs. She plopped on her bed.

"I thought it was going to really bad news but it seems like I was wrong" she said to Tikki who flew by.

"Well... At least it was good news" Tikki said and Marinette giggled. She tilted her head to see the clock which read 8:00 a.m. Marinette sat up and was doing her daily routine as always.

Skip to school

When Marinette got there, she was attacked by Alya giving her a huge hug.

"Marinette have you heard the news, since you are so early today?" Alya said making Marinette question it. The dead silence between the two made Alya got the hint to continue talking. "Well, this might sounds bad, but Adrien is going to Italy for his new photo shoot which means he isn't going to attend the school for a while..." It took a while for Marinette to process everything when she does, she ran to the girls' bathroom at full speed. Marinette cried as she soon walked in the bathroom.

Alya later caught up with Marinette, standing by her side to comfort her.

The first bell rang to signal that school was starting.

"I don't want to go out like this Alya.." Little sobs from Marinette was still heard.

"Hush... it's fine Marinette." Alya said as she lead Marinette out of the bathroom and through the hallway. Marinette's cries started to soften as she reached the classroom. When she entered, guess who was the first to make fun of her... Chloe.

"Hey little girl, still crying at your age huh?" Chloe remarked making the whole class bursting into laughter.
Marinette lifted up her head to meet her eyes with Adrien who was looking down at her with concerned eyes. He smiled warmly at her which made Marinette blush a bit. To the two, the moment was timeless. She was the first one to break the eye contact to once again her eyes meet the floor.Then the teacher walked in and told Marinette and Alya to be sitted. Alya guided Marinette to her seat and then on, class started. The whole day Marinette avoided eye contact with anyone no matter if they were staring at her.
When she got home, she threw her bag on the couch.
"Where is mom and dad aren't they suppose to be home?" Marinette questioned. Tikki got out of the bag and handed her a note where tikki found on the fridge.

Dear marinette,
The trip was for a buisness thats needs to be taken care of today. Sorry marinette that we couldn't spend more time with you. You know that we love you ok?
Love, mom and dad

Marinette stood there frozen in place. She looked at the note in disbelief in her eyes. She was suppose to spend the last day with her parents before they go.
Marinette doesn't want to cry anymore since she lost most fluid today.  She couldn't hold it, the sadness she kept.Tears escapes on the corner of her eyes. She walked upstairs and plopped on her bed. She grabbed a pillow and covered her face. Little muffles can be heard from her. Tikki flew by to comfort her.
"Marinette it's ok"
Marinette shook her head and removed the pillow from her face.
Marinette looked up at Tikki with teary eyes and said

"Why is everyone leaving me?"

[A/N This is my first story where it might not be as good but whateves this is for fun. Anyways Hope that you liked the first chapter] ~May