Chapter 3 ~Goodbye~

This book has mature content even though the chapter doesn't have anything mature happening such as suicidal acts but it depends.

Chat's pov

I entered Marientte's house through the window since it been a long time since I last visited. When I did, a weird aroma filled the room. It took me a while to find where it comes from, it was in the bathroom. I took steps toward the bathroom and lightly knocked.
"Princess? What are you doing in there?" I asked, I might've scared her. There was a silence between us so I assume so. I really can't help but notice the lingering smell, it smelled like blood...Blood!
I started to knock the door rapidly, why is there a smell of blood in the bathroom?
"Princess, I smell blood" Another silence was heard on the other side of the door. I stared at the door waiting which feels like eternity.
The door creaked open to show Marinette in a over sized sweater. I looked around the bathroom to see nothing 'blood related'. She looked down the floor and was playing with her sleeves, pulling lower to cover her whole hand.
Still that smell lingers, somewhere but I can't find where the source comes from. What was Marinette doing in there?
"Princess are you ok?" I asked her, she didn't say anything but kept her eyes glued to the floor." You can trust me, Princess."
She slowly looked up to meet her eyes with mine. She parted her mouth to begin to speak but no sound came but instead tears overflowed her eyes. I stood there shocked, I never saw Marinette like this before. I pull her into a tight hug but the smell of blood became stronger. Her tears soaked my suit but I didn't care.
"C-Chat, my best friend just went to a f-faraway that I can't reach" she sobs harder and hugs me tighter.
"Princess, may I ask you where the smell of blood came from?" I asked, I felt her froze. She sobs became softer by the minute and she loosen her grip around me.
"C-Chat I, um..." She looked away avoiding my gaze at her.
"You can tell me anything, I won't get mad, I promise Princess" I said to reassure her but it was not a time for jokes. Marinette nodded and began to speak. "Well...the smell is from here..."
She unrolled her sleeves up to show her pale skin covered in cuts. I was shocked, frozen in place, how could she do this? Is there something wrong? I traced over the cuts with my hand softly.
She winced at the contact as little tears form in her eyes. I patted her back to calm her down, since she is in a critical state right now.
"Chat, I don't want to live anymore because everyone in my life is disappearing." I smiled softly, I understand what she is talking about.
"About your friend, are you going to see her off at the airport?"
"Yeah, I really want to say goodbye to her before she leaves." She genuinely smiled. A beep came from my ring and I gave Marinette a sad smile. I really wanted to sort everything out with Marinette to show her that she isn't alone. I waved good bye and hopped out the window. I jumped from roof to roof on the way home.

Marinette's pov

It was nice to talk to chat once in a while, I'm glad I can trust him. I looked at my schedule to see that I will have to go to the airport by 1:00 pm tomorrow. I plopped onto my bed to see Tikki smiling at me.
"It's going to be alright Marinette" she said. I smiled as I fell into a deep slumber.

*In dream*
Many doors were open, to reveal a certain tragedy. I walked through an endless dark hallway when I stopped at a certain door. I slowly opened it to reveal my mother and father dead in an airplane crash, the plane they boarded sank into the ocean. Many people died also, corpses were floating on the mist of the water. The ocean swallowed everything up, all the debris.
*End of dream*
I woke up from my alarm going off. I barely remember what I dreamt of. I got out of bed to see it was 8:00 am on the clock. I went to the bathroom to see what I did last night as I reveal my cuts again. I reached over to the cabinet to get some bandages. I, of course put them on the cuts I made. Well, I shouldn't explain any further, I just basically did my daily routine and got dressed. I later glance at the clock to see it was now 10:00 am, a few more hours to see Alya off.
*Ring, ring*
A call from Alya
Accept or decline
I clicked accept to hear Alya squeal on the other line again.
"Omg Marinette, I can't believe that I'm going to go soon!" I hear a sniffle from Alya. I smiled and said
"It's fine, but I'm going to airport later."
"Thanks Marinette." I heard her say before she hung up. I would say that was our shortest conversation on the phone ever. Since I have a few more hours left, I decided to design more clothes to use up my time.

Eventually the clock hits 11:00 which is a good time to go to the airport. I got my shoes on and got my car keys. When I exited my building ,I got in my car and drove off. As little memories of me and Alya when we were together.

Time skip to the airport
I texted Alya that I was here at the airport. A few minutes later I saw Alya rushing engulfing me into a tight hug. Tears swelled in her eyes as she hugged me tighter. I wiped them off using my sleeve and smiled softly.
"I don't want to leave you Marinette" Ayla said as tears streamed down her face.
"This is an amazing opportunity for you Ayla, don't worry about me." Tons of lies escaped from my mouth. I'm not ok, I'm not fine at all. I gave her a fake smile.
"You're right Marinette! But I still can't forgive myself if something happen to you" Ayla said along with a sniffle.
"I'm sure I'll be fine, I'm perfectly happy!" more lies.
"You know, Adrien left to go to Italy already and you have no one..." Whatever she just said was true.
"No I don't, I still have you, but we can still text right?"
"Of course!"
"Then flight to America is in 10 minutes." The announcer said in a loud speaker. Ayla looked back at me with a sadder expression written on her face.
"Goodbye Marinette" she smiled at me and she turned around to grab her suitcase. She walked on as I stood there watching her every step. I waved even though I knew she isn't going to turn back.
Then she disappeared through the crowds of people, people who are going to America too. A tear escaped my eye and landed on my sleeves.

Minutes later, I saw from outside, the airplane engraved with the words America on the side lifted off. I waved goodbye to the airplane which I supposed that Alya is on. A fake smile was plastered on my face, tears were swelling up. People around me were crying, talking about whether they should go too...

I placed my hand on the window to see my own reflection on it. I badly wanted everything to stop in time, stop on life, stop in everything.
As time passed more, people started to leave the airport and I did the same. One last tear rolled down my cheek before I mouthed the words as I drove off,

"I'm sorry, and goodbye"

A/N
I know this book might suck cuz I'm not a good writer as my friend. I hope you guys liked the story in progress~ May