Chapter 10 ~ Who knew? ~

This might be surprising for a sudden update but hey, I apparently don't keep promises :) please do enjoy and comment I love reading them. This will be a short chapter due to testing tomorrow.

Marinette's pov

Tikki hugged me closer and with a tear stained face, I felt numb by then. The feeling tells me that I should stop trying, that life isn't going to get better. It really isn't, the more I tried, the more I get wounded in battle. The realization that the people whom I dearly love slipped out of my grasp so easily like a fish in water. I tried and tried to hold them, keep them safe but it seems like they found a key. A loose key that was named abandon came to rescue. It made me look like I was at fault, like I was the villain that took the princess in captive. I was the one being captive, I wanted a key to help me. But for a while now, such thing seemed impossible.
"Marinette marinette?" Tikki called, I looked down at her. To assure her, I smiled a soft smile. Her face seemed to lighten her tension.
"Marinette is there something bothering you?"
"Why would you think that?" Tikki shook her head.
"Just a hint, Marinette." Silence fell apon us both. It wasn't awkward, just a silence you could be comfortable with. My phone started to vibrate, mutiple of times on the couch. Tikki rushed over to grab it before I could. She flew to me and placed it on my hand, "look if you want to Marinette. Don't do so if I may suggest."
The phone was flat down on my hand, I decided to flip it around. Before I knew it, I regret so much. Tiki looks at me with sad eyes before exiting the room to give me space.

Unknown: Adrien got hurt because of you! Go kill yourself you worthless human! You hurt an angel!

Unknown: no one will forgive you for doing this! You got my blood riled up. Just kill yourself for the sake of everyone!

Marinette: who are you?

Unknown is typing...

Unknown: just one of many who hates you

Marinette: how did you get my number?

Unknown: A very useful source.

Unknown is typing...

Unknown: everyone in Paris is out to get you, those who are a fans of adrien. If you don't believe me, go check online.

I was skeptical at such thing so I did. I exited the messaging app and went to my browsing app. Already I saw articles numerous of articles that revolves about the accident. I clicked on one that seemed more promising. All that it threw me was a bunch of useless or really fake lies that were disguised as facts. They were not my story to tell.
I immediately went back to my messaging app to text unknown again.

Marinette: it's all fake.

Unknown is typing...

Unknown: it's not at all. the truth lies underneath a mask of lies, all you have to do is to believe them and they'll become the truth to people's ears. I thought you knew this well, Ladybug.

I read this message over and over til I finally comprehend this. I couldn't move, my eyes glued to my screen. Who knew? No one knew and why does unknown?

Unknown: checkmate.

A/N
Hallelujah! I've always wanted to write a chapter but never had the time to and omg I finally did. Who's happyyyy? I hope I can continue updating. :)
-May