Chapter 1

Narrator's POV

It was the first day of summer; it was 85 degrees outside, the sun was out with no cloud in the sky, and you were going to be stuck in a car for three hours.

Your parents wanted to get to Gravity Falls as soon as they could meaning there was no time to waste. Your parents had turned on the radio to some type of old folk song which you hated. You looked at your battery percentage: 78%. 'It looks like I have enough battery to last me three hours in the car listening to MY type of music' you thought. You put your headphones in and start listening to Phoenix by Fall Out Boy.

You looked out the window and looked at the sky trying to not blind yourself from the bright sun. You sighed in disappointment; you were excited to go and see your cousin, Wendy, again since it's been so long but you did not know that you would be spending three hours of your first day of summer stuck in a car.

You tried to think about what it would be like to be back in Gravity Falls. Maybe you could meet these twins that Wendy has been mentioning so much about. You hope to at least find the answers to all your questions about the mysterious town. You think about all of this before finally drifting off to sleep.

Ever since you last visited Gravity Falls, you started to have weird visions which were always the same. They were symbols on a wheel but you were curious of what the symbols meant. A tree, a shooting star, a question mark, a hand with six fingers, a llama, a bag of ice, glasses, a heart, another star, and one other weird symbol you've never seen before.

In the center of this mysterious wheel was a triangle shaped figure in a top hat and bow tie. It had one eye and looked to be some type of
2-dimensional pyramid. As you looked at it, the triangular figure did something it had never done before, it came out of the wheel and was standing right in front of you.

This figure, this creature, looked golden. Literally, it had an almost golden light come off of it. It's eye was as black as night. You tilted you're head a little bit and looked at it in curiosity. It reached it's hand out to you and you assumed it wanted you to grab it. You hesitated at first, but then you thought, 'It's just a dream, what's the worst that could happen?' As your hand barely even touched it's hand, more like graze across the top of it, you started hearing someone call your name.

"Y/n, Y/n! Wake up!"
You finally woke up to see your mother shaking your leg trying to wake you up. "We're here." She said as your car passed the sign: 'Welcome to Gravity Falls'. You yanked your headphones out and looked at it almost in awe. "Finally, my summer is about to begin." you say to yourself.