Chapter 6

Y/N's POV

*Time Skip*

"Yo Y/n, what are you up to?" Wendy asks me. Wendy and I are now back at the cabin together since Stan let her have the day off so she could keep an eye on me at home. I turn to face her and I notice that she is wearing her white shirt with her plaid shirt tied around her waist, ripped up jeans, and her favorite brown hat. She told me that she had given the hat to Dipper at the end of last summer so he wouldn't forget her but since he was back again this summer, he decided to let her have it until they have to leave again.

"I was just about to go into town and grab myself some lunch at the Diner." I tell her.

She frowns at me and says, "I don't know if you should go out alone."

Now it's my turn to frown, "Why is that?"

"Last night, you went into the woods alone and got yourself hurt. I just don't think it's safe out there for you."

"Oh come on, Red, I'll be fine. You do trust me, don't you?" Red was a nickname I gave her when we were five and honestly I'm never going to stop calling her that.

"Of course I do...Okay, you know what? I'll let you go." Wendy then gets closer to me and whispers, "Dipper told me about Bill being in your dreams; I won't tell your parents as long  as you keep me updated and tell me if anything happens."

"Fine, I'll keep you updated. You promise not to tell my parents?" I couldn't bear to get my parents involved with this. I couldn't let them know that my life could be in danger; they shouldn't have to worry about a battle they can't even help me with. This is my battle and I can only fight in it but I intend to win.

She places her hand on her mouth, crosses it over her lips, locks it as if her fingers held a key, and pretends to throw the key away. This was something she has been doing ever since I last visited her; it meant that she will basically keep her promise till the day she dies. I copy what she did and gave her a hug.

"Is your phone charged this time?" Wendy asks me teasingly. I turn on my phone and it reads 88%. "Yes, I won't go on my phone unless I have to contact one of you guys."

"Just making sure, see ya later dudette!" She playfully punched my arm and walked away letting me go into town.

I start walking into town and I see some people that I still remember while others just seem like strangers. Gravity Falls is a small town but boy does it have a lot of people. I see Old Man Mcgucket, someone I remember but I wish I didn't. He just seems so weird; I feel like Wendy told me something about him: that he was like some genius scientist until he started erasing his mind with a machine he invented? Yeah right, and I'm the savior who is going to save all of humanity. Man I love my own sarcasm.

I walk into Greasy's Diner and I see Lazy Susan chasing squirrels out of her restaurant. I take a seat at a booth near me and start looking at the menu since I knew this could take a while. What was I in the mood to eat anyways? I saw waffles and I literally felt my mouth watering. So I got a thing for waffles, is that a problem? Who cares if it's lunch, waffles are for anytime of the day!

So waffles it is and I'll have some Pitt Cola for a drink. I look around and Lazy Susan is no where in sight. Not a surprise really, I'm sure eventually she'll come to my booth and take my order.

I pick up my phone and see that it's 2:51 p.m.  So this seems like a late lunch. It will probably be even later by the time Lazy Susan actually gets my order. I sigh, my stomach is growling like crazy; I need food!

I then smell something really good; I look up from my phone and see a plate full of waffles topped with whip cream and strawberries drowned in maple syrup with a Pitt Cola on the side. I look up more to see a boy I know I have never seen before.

He has a black coat with a yellow shirt underneath, a black bow tie, and black pants. His hair is golden, I'm not even over exaggerating; it wasn't blonde, it was pure golden. His hair was long enough that it covered one of his eyes and the other eye was like a cat's eye and it was a brownish-golden type of color.

"I'm sorry, as much as I would hate to say it, this isn't my food. I haven't ordered anything yet." I politely say to him even though it hurts to say no to this good food.

"Actually, this is your food. This is what you were going to order, wasn't it?" he asked me.

"Well- Actually, yes. This is exactly what I was thinking about ordering. How did y-"

"It's a gift really, I always know what people want when they want it." the mysterious boy said sliding into the booth opposite of me.

"Who are you?" I ask nervously since I'm not good at talking to new people.

"I'm a man of many secrets; I am no one like you've ever known before." he said with a devilish grin.

This is kind of freaking me out, yet, I feel like I need to know more. I have a strange feeling that I have met him before; I bet that when I figure out who he is I'll seem so dumb because I should've known all along.

"So kid, how long are you staying in Gravity Falls?" he asks me.

"First of all, I'm not a kid. Second, I'm staying here for just about the whole summer."

"Enough time for us to get to know each other." he said with that creepy grin still on his face. His face soon winced in pain and he starts rubbing his legs.

"Are you okay?" I ask because I hate to see other people in pain, even if that other person seems like a creepy stalker who can probably read minds.

"I'm okay, I just feel a little weak in my legs which gives it a sharp pain but I'm fine Y/n, really. No need to worry about a guy like me; the pain is quite funny actually." he answers.

I was about to say 'okay' until I realized he said my name. My name. I didn't even tell him my name so how did he know it?

"Excuse me, how exactly do you know my name?"

His eye widens but then he shrugs and says, "Uh, lucky guess?"

I cross my arms and my eyes narrow at him. "I'm not buying it." I tell him.

He laughs and says, "Of course you wouldn't, you seem too clever for that. Okay, the real reason is that I know your cousin Wendy and she's been talking about you coming to Gravity Falls for a while now. She's shown me pictures of you so when I saw you sitting in this booth, I knew you had to be her cousin who just arrived."

I don't believe that's the real truth but I don't think he'll tell me the real truth anytime soon so I'll just go with it for now. "Okay then, mind telling me your name?" I ask.

He looks around at everyone in the diner and bites his bottom lip. Is he nervous to say his own name? Why would that be? He pulls out a pen from his coat and starts writing on a napkin. He folds it and hands it to me.

"I'll see you around kid, hope you enjoy your stay here in Gravity Falls." He stands up and walks out of the Diner.

I grab the folded napkin and I hesitate to open it. Why couldn't he just say his name? Is his name cursed or something? I decide to open it and I'm a little bewildered of what it says.

Cipher

A/N: Hello Everyone! I was finally able to post a new part but it might take awhile for me to post the next one. Thank you for a 100+ views!! I really appreciate it and all the the votes and comments. I'll see you around but remember: I'LL BE WATCHING YOU!