Chapter 36

Y/N's POV

So...this is great. The past five days Bill has continued to enter my dreams so we can talk. I can tell he's upset that he doesn't get to see me in person but I know this is better than nothing. Also, Ford informed me today that he had all the ingredients to make the barrier around the shack. Apparently, Mabel had gone out this morning with Candy, Grenda, and Wendy to get the unicorn hair. Unicorn hair...that's a new one. So like I said...this is great. Note my sarcasm.

Ford is making sure that Bill can't get anywhere near me and is making sure I don't leave the shack for now on. I think he's become even more protective of me now that I've mentioned to him that I love Bill. I can't deny it though, I truly do love him. I won't stop loving him either, no matter how much Ford dislikes it.

So here I am, sitting on the gift shop floor, waiting for the barrier to be done. Just reading the journal since all my other books are in my bedroom and I'm too lazy to get up and retrieve them. I sigh, what happens once the barrier is up? Will Bill still be able to come into my mind so we can still hang out? Ford won't answer any of these questions of mine which is really starting to annoy me. He knows I want to see Bill and he is forbidding me of doing just that. Ugh, I hate this! I don't want the barrier to go up, all I want is Bill by my side.

I flip to the pages about my dream demon and just get lost in thought. I brush my hand on his picture and give a weak smile. Honestly, I don't care if he is a floating triangle or a teenage boy, it won't change my answer for me caring about him. I close my eyes and try to relax, maybe I need to think about something else. That's when I get tackled.

"What on earth?!" I scream but then I look down to see...Bill? His arms are wrapped around my waist and his head is buried into my shirt. It sounds like he's...sobbing? He's in a plain yellow shirt and jeans with very messed up hair. I try to rub his back and calm him down, "Shh, hey, it's okay. Bill, what's wrong?" I whisper to him gently. He looks up at me and I can see the bags under his eye. Has he gotten any sleep?! "S-Star...?" Bill mumbles weakly. I pull him up and wrap my arms around him tightly. His head is in the crook of my neck now as he continues to sob. "Bill, hey I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."

"I-I c-can't do th-this. S-Sixer is almost d-done with the b-barrier. I-I'll n-never see you ag-gain." he mumbles while continuing to sob.

"It's okay-"

"N-No, it's not. Y-You are m-mine and S-Sixer is keeping me from
y-you. I-I c-can't do th-this anymore."

Before I can say anything else, Bill's lips crash onto mine giving me a gentle kiss which I gladly return. Bill doesn't want to let me go, he wants me here with him. He claims that I am his and it's obvious that he is mine. I'm sure he would've killed Ford by now if it wasn't for me because he still doesn't want to upset me. We hold the kiss as long as we can before breaking for air. I look up at him and I'm on the verge of tears myself. "Run away with me." is the last thing Bill says.

"W-What?"

"Y/n, I'm not losing you again so before this barrier is finished I want you to run away with me. I love you, my shining Star, and I'm not going to lose you again...please, come with me so I don't have to be separated from you any longer."

"They would never give up searching."

"And I'll never give up fighting for you."

I want to say yes, I want to go with this demon and just run far away so I could be with him and none of the Pines would get hurt. My own parents would never find me and I'd be happy because I'm with Bill; Bill makes me happy. How will Dipper and Mabel handle this though? How will Stan and Wendy react? What will Ford do?