Chapter 24

Y/N's POV

"Dipper, are you sure we're going the right way?" I ask unsure if Dipper actually knows where we are going.

"Of course, we're almost there." I sigh, he said that ten minutes ago. Let's just say, I'm not very patient.

We have been walking for a while now and I'm pretty excited to go see the Height Altering Crystals. I'm not sure why Mabel wanted to go monster hunting but I'm kind of glad we are. Doing something different, different is good. I just realized that I've been holding onto something. What is it? I look down and I literally stop breathing as my eyes widen. I'm holding Bill's hand. Bill's hand! What do I do? I guess if Bill wanted me to let go he would've taken his hand away from mine already. Right? I'm not sure what to do...but I kind of want to continue holding his hand.

Bill is still covered in mud. I feel bad for laughing at him earlier but I did try to help clean him off. More like smearing the mud on his face more. I sighed, knowing I couldn't really help but he assured me it was okay. Then he had smiled at me. He doesn't smile like a psychopath anymore but more sincere and sweet. I find this new difference in him strange; why did he start changing the way he acts towards me all of a sudden?

We continue to walk as I immediately bring my hand up to my nose and squeeze it shut, trying not to become nauseous. What on earth is that horrible smell?! Mabel hides in her sweater, Dipper hides his face in his hat, and Bill pulls his hood up and tightens the strings to hide his face.

"This is worst than the mud..." I hear Bill mumble. We continue to walk until we stumble upon what is making the smell. Fairies...Barf Fairies. Ford has stumbled upon these before because there is an entry about them in the journal but not a ton of information because he didn't want to stay long. "These weren't here last time I came, I swear!" Dipper says; I feel like I might vomit...Mabel beats me to it behind a bush. "Can we go...like now?" Bill asks, clearly annoyed. We all awkwardly walk out of that scene as Mabel tries to clean herself up.

"Are we almost there now?" I begged.

"Be patient!" Dipper yells back as I huff in annoyance.

We continue walking even further until a giant butterfly blocks our path. Now, when I say giant, I mean as big as the trees! This is incredible! The butterfly flies over our heads to reveal large crystals behind it reflecting blue, pink, and white rays of light from the sun. I finally let go of Bill's hand and walk slowly over to them. I stare at it in awe; a deer comes running over to me while passing the blue light which enlarges it to be as tall as a giraffe. The deer then stops in front of the pink light and shrinks to fit the palm of my hand. I actually pick it up and place it on my hand to watch it prance around it, tickling me. Dipper walks towards me as I can't help but smile at him.

"This is incredible! I never doubted you for a second."

"Yes you did."

"Shut up." I tease while laughing, giving him a hug.

Bill's POV

Star has never hugged me like that. I mean, never so sincere and friendly like. Maybe that time when I comforted her after her father slapped her but that's it. Does she even see me as a friend or someone she's forced to be nice to, afraid I'll hurt her if she doesn't? I watch as she continues to smile and I can't help but feel warm on the inside.

I start to feel someone poking me. Honestly, Shooting Star is the most annoying being on the planet. Next to Llama, she's very annoying and very snobby. I wish I could've kept her as a piece of furniture, then at least I wouldn't have to listen to that voice of hers anymore.

"What do you want?"

"You care about her, don't you?"

"N-No, wait...no I meant what I said. No, I don't care about her."