Chapter 6

Adam was dozing on the top of the back of the couch when a sudden roar sounded deafeningly right next to him, and he took off running before he could even wake up enough to realize he was practically throwing himself off his perch, and he landed in the crevice between the couch cushions and its back before he could even scream properly. He landed with a thump and finally screeched, writhing to try to get out of the tight narrow space when he heard laughing.

"I didn't expect him to take off running like that Ty!"

"Ian you dumba**! You probably just scared the sh*t out of him!"

"Oh, whoops..." Adam felt strong fingers scoop him up, and he stopped struggling once he was back out in the open air, coughing a little from dust. "Hey Adam, miss me?" Adam blinked a few times as he continued breathing heavily, before he finally recognized the giant face he was being held up to eye level.

"I-Ian?" He meeped, surprised. Ian grinned.

"Yeah dude, been a long time hasn't-ow!" Ian had cut off when Adam furiously kicked his thumb, getting a satisfying "thunk!" from the action.

"YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!!!!" Adam raged. "EITHER A-A HEART ATTACK OR A-OR FALLING TO MY DEATH!!!" Ian's smile wavered a little.

"Oh... Sorry... I'm still getting used to the whole 'Be-careful-with-human-sized-objects-they're-now-fragile' thing." Ian replied sheepishly.

"Told ya," Ty chuckled from behind. Adam's heart skipped a beat when he realized that now he had to deal with two giants, despite both being old pals of his. He gulped nervously, shivering a little as he sat back on his heels.

"It-it's fine," he mumbled. "Y-you're still adjusting, I-I gotta get used to this too." Ian nodded in agreement as Ty spoke up.

"So Ian, you gonna take a look at those scars?" 'What scars?' Adam wondered to himself, then his eyes widened in alarm when Ian started reaching for his jacket.

"N-no!" He squeaked, blindly jumping off. Ty gasped in horror, but fortunately for them both Adam landed back on the couch, tumbling down and having a mostly safe landing.

"Adam come back! You're hurt!" Ian exclaimed, starting to reach for him. Adam squeaked in fear and scrambled under the couch, trembling.

"No!" He shouted, tears forming in his eyes.

"Adam!" Ty said sternly. Adam whimpered another "No!" and avoided one of the giants' hands,
cowering as far away as he could without getting caught. "Adam you can't avoid us forever!" Ty pointed out, dropping to his knees to peer under the couch. Adam darted away in an attempt to get to the door, but having chased Adam once, Ty lunged and cupped his hand over the human, halting him.

"Nooo!" Adam wailed, straining to try and get away. But he was no match for the giant's raw strength, and he felt Ty scoop him up and lift him out from under the couch. The hands parted open, and Adam tried to jump off again, but the back of his jacket was pinched, and he was flipped over on his stomach with an "oof!" His jacket was tugged off, but he kept wriggling like a fish under the finger he was pinned under, even when his shirt was finally tugged off.

"Oh man..." He heard Ian suck in a deep breath. Adam finally went still, burying his face in the fleshy surface beneath him with a whimper.

"Exactly. I don't know what happened to him." Ty had a worried tone as he took a good look over Ian's shoulder at the scars, while Adam kept resisting.

"LET ME GO!!!" He screamed frantically.

"A-Adam we're just trying to help-"

"NO DON'T HURT ME!!!!" Adam squealed, ducking in a fetal position and trembling. "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"