Chapter 16

As soon as the fogginess of Ty's unconsciousness began to lift, he was already trying to move, only to groan in pain and go limp.

"Lie still." Harvey was crouched over Ty, his hands on his spine. "You slipped a disk." Ty squeezed his eyes shut and gritted his teeth.

"A... Adam..." He rasped. "M-Martin... I-I couldn't st-stop him...-"

"Just keep still Ty, right now I need to worry about you, then we can worry about Adam." Harvey leaned forward and snatched something up, and held it in front of Ty's face. "Here, squeeze this so I can relocate your spine. Lucky for you, giants are miraculous recoverers." Ty grunted and managed to grab the object, which was a steel ball that fit his hand like a stress ball.

"But what about-" He cut off with a deafening roar when Harvey pushed on his back and got a satisfying click, and the orb of metal in Ty's hand compressed into a measly messy piece at how hard he squeezed it.

"Don't worry, we'll find Adam," Harvey promised. Ty gave a weak grunt, panting on the floor as Harvey got up and offered his hand, helping the unsteady giant to his feet and coaxing him to the bed. "But you need to rest for a minute, you just went through something that a human would have died of," Harvey reasoned, ignoring any protest Ty tried to make as he laid him down.

"... Can't... Rest," Ty rasped. "Gotta... Gotta find him... I... I need to... I need him..."

"I know," Harvey murmured. "But you won't be able to fight Martin off if you don't regain your strength." Harvey stepped back. "Now I can make a tea brew to help regain energy, but you still really need to rest...-" Ty shook his head, and Harvey sighed. "Then I'll make the tea."

"I gotta go home," Ty rasped. "Tell Ian and Jason... So they can start looking." Ty rose to his feet and grunted, making his way to the door. "I'll see you there?" Harvey dipped his head in a "Yes" answer, and Ty nodded in gratitude before sauntering back home, both trying to take his time and trying to not collapse since the two houses were only a few giant-sized blocks away from each other.

Ty fumbled with the keys before unlocking the door and going in, seeing Ian and Jason jump as they desperately covered something up.

"No wait it's suppose to be a surprise!" Jason wailed, sighing. Ty stood there, blinking.

"What is?" He asked. Ian groaned a little and scratched the back of his head.

"Is Adam with you?" He asked.

"No, actually he was-"

"Ok, Jason you can show him."

"Fine..." Jason grumbled. What they uncovered from under the blanket was amazing. It was just like a dollhouse, only much more realistic and less childish, with reasonably sized furniture and décor, very well decorated and similar to an English cottage. The furniture also seemed to be usable, with a working door in Jason's hand not quite finished, and windows with curtains on the inside instead of the outside for privacy.

"Is that...?" Ty trailed off, astonished. Jason grinned sheepishly.

"We uh, we thought Adam might like somewhere to stay that's scaled down to his size, so he doesn't get too lonely or anything since he's tiny now compared to everything else," he explained. "Check this out! I put a water tank in the "foundation" of the house so he can always have fresh water! I haven't quite finished the door, trying to make a lock on it, but so far so good! We can put it in your room when we're done, so that way you can still keep an eye on him."

"That's... Amazing," Ty murmured, then his eyes softened. "But first I need you guys' help."

"... Ty?" Ian rose, studying the pale brunette's slightly slouched posture before his eyes rounded. "Wait a second-- you're injured!" He gasped, rushing over to Ty. "What happened!?"