Chapter 2: Its been a long day

your pov:

i was sleeping peacefully having actual good dreams not the nightmares that have visited me every night. every time i would close my eyes to rest. then suddenly i heard mark yell. i shot up and grabbed my knife from underneath the pillow and ran out of my room ready to stab and jab anyone and anything when i seen mark hugging a stranger.

"i thought you were dead!!!"mark said.

"i though YOU were dead."

"Wheres mom?!"

"Mark she in the car but..shes bitten."

"how?"

"we just got away from a hoard thats why i came to this house. i was rushing to the car when i tripped the zombies were on my tail but mom got out of the car and pulled me up and a walker latched onto her leg."

"bring her in." mark said.the man nodded and walked out of the door.

"who was that?" i asked,

"my brother thomas."

"oh yea i remember you telling me about him." i said putting my knife on my belt.

suddenly thomas came in with a small little old lady i looked down to see her leg bitten.

"and thats my mom." mark said. he turned away to greet his him. i stood back and watched as the family united.i smiled then wishing that i could have my family back.

i went back inside my room and cried while thinking of my family.all the good times we shared suddenly i heard a knock on my door.i quickly wiped my tears and straightened up.

"come in."

jack opened the door "hey (y/n) i seen you run into your room you-" jack looked at me in worry. "why were you crying?"

"how do you know i was crying?

"the tear streaks are on your cheeks what wrong.?" he asked closing the door.

"just seeing mark and his family makes me miss my own i miss my overdramatic mother, i miss my careless dad, and most of all i miss my darling curious,crazy,funny sister Elise." i said looking at the ceiling. jack sat beside me.

"i had a sister too and you remind me alot of her. she was my adopted sister so she didnt really look like me she had (eye color.),long (hair color),and a beautiful smile. just like you and i dont mean that in any flirty way." he said.

i blushed "thank you."

"but when i saw you i was just so in shock i didnt know what to think or do thats why i was so quiet around you which i hope i didnt make you feel uncomortable."

"no it was fine,what happened to your sister?"

"she called me on my phone on the 2nd week of the apocalypse the phones were still working and i uh." jack seemed to get teary eyed and began to choke on his words.

"what?you did what."

"i heard her die i heard her scream as the monsters shredded her apart!" he began to cry. i wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly as he cried into my shoulder.soon his crying ceased and he wiped his tears.

"im so sorry for crying on you like that."

"its fine i completely understand you feel horrible."

"i do i feel bad like i shouldve stayed in ireland to be there for her."

"jack i believe there is a reason why things like this happen. like maybe it was just better for our sisters to be in heaven then to be down here struggling."