Friends or Foes?

Funfact: thats an actual episode in the walking dead Friend or foe dont remember what epside i just remember the title. :P anyways on with the story.

Your pov:

'great'

'more mouths to feed'

'more of an army'

'more responsibilities'

'more help'

"hello um im (y/n) and i guess im team captain." i said

"a guy with really long hair and blue eyes with a sheriff hat stepped out.

"im Rick."

we shook hands

"well rick where are you guys coming from?"

"A little farm on the outskirts of atlanta it got overrun yesterday."

"oh."

"how many have you loss?"

"three."

" how many in the group?"

"8."

"not a bad bunch."

"thank you, so howd can we earn a spot in this facility?"

"i actually never thought about this kind of scenario. just give me and mark a second please."

i grabbed marks hand and dragged him away from the group."what do you think?" i asked.

"are you serious why are you asking me?"

"because i cant fully trust my judgement i need help on things like this there are alot of pros and cons to adding new renditions to the group an di just want to make sure im absolutely making the best decision"

"well they are nice people by image.they seem trustworthy."

"ok so we got trust out of the way but what about the other issues Food?water?supplies?"

"maybe we can come up with some sort of agreement where everyone brings something to the table?"

"thats a great idea.see mark you can be of assistance."

"yep."

i hug him. it took him a few seconds to hug back.it felt like an unwanted hug.i released him.

'whatever happened to our instants hugs?'

i went over to the group.

"so we've come to a decision.you can stay but theres one thing we have to agree on"

"what would that be?" rick asked.

"around here everyone contributes something one thing no matter how big or small and we just want to be sure that you understand that everyone must contribute something."

"that wont be a problem we'll make sure we'll all bring something to the table we can help with chores around here. go on run and daryll is a good hunter so we can help catch meat for meal time."

"great.id like to meet this daryll."

he stepped out it was the guy from the shed.

i pulled my gun out. "what is he doing here?"

i asked.

daryll and everyone put their hands up in surrender.

"DARYL YOU KNOW HER?!"
mark stands beside me.

"Its that dude from the shack" mark said.

"No shit mark no shit,it seems your friend Daryl and i have had a very bad run in. Meaning 5-7 months ago this asshole tried to raid me."

"L-look (y/n) was it?" Daryl finally spoke up. He took one step closer i took the safety off the gun.

"Hey hey look, yes i did try and still your stuff but i was with my brother Meryl at the time and he told me to do it i didnt want to he told me to do it.hes my older brother and i was his little puppet id follow him everywhere and did everything he said do im sorry for my actions i cant express it enough.look if you cant forgive me dont punish them for these here are good people you can take them in and leave me behind just please we've been traveling for so long we have a kid and a pregnant woman here just take the group in."

I was skeptical of his little apology but i just cant turn down people i cant just leave them.i put the safety back on my gun and put the gun on my holster.

"Ive got my eye on you." I said looking directly at daryl.

"Thank you for giving us a chance"

I just gave him a half smile.
Later that day we all had introduced ourselves to one another and made sleeping arrangements.

Maybe letting them into the group isnt so bad of a decision as of now...