Chapter 8

POV Phil.

I finish class earlier than usual which means I'm the first to get to the cafeteria. I sit by myself silently rereading over my study notes as tired and stressed students start to pour into the seats around me.

I try my best to take in my notes but my mind keeps drifting off. Thoughts of Dan, Pj and friday night fill my brain. And how it feels to know i'm not wasting my youth. These topics drift around in my head for a while.

Though I do still hope Pj and his family are okay, since his last party was kinda thrown off by sirens. I kinda wish I spent a bit more time with him after all, it was Pj's party. I'm not saying I regret hanging out with Dan but I think Pj wanted to be there to experience his best friend from childhoods first party.

Even though Pj use to live 3 hours away from my old town our mums have been great friends, always trying to visit each other whenever possible. So of course that meant me and Pj became good friends too. Though I only recently started to like him since i've been in Clovendale, sure I felt something towards him as a kid but nothing really major at the time. And to throw Dan into the mix of my feelings makes it even more confusing.

I try to direct myself back to my notes while Pj slides into the seat beside me me. I glance over to see a very tired,stressed and confused looking Pj glaring down at his plate of chips and pizza.

We sit in silence for a couple of minutes, unsure of what to say to each other.

"Ah is everything o-okay?" I awkwardly ask in attempt to break the silence.

"Oh ah yeah, i'm fine, I guess" Pj replies still glaring down and avoiding eye contact.

Obviously he isn't fine but getting something out of Pj is terrifically hard and right now I don't have the time for that. I sigh burying my face in my hands.

"I-I enjoyed the party by the way, I should've listen to you earlier..." I awkwardly chuckle receiving no amusement from Pj.

"Only becuase you hand out with.." I hear Pj mumble missing the last words.

"While then why are you mad? I get it's exam week but you're acting really bitter, so tell me what's wrong." I say while confused. Pj never acts bitter towards me and always tries his best to be nice towards me so I feel obliged to know what's wrong.

"I told you Phil, nothings wrong! Okay? Just stop asking questioning me!" Pj snaps making me jump. He doesn't ever yell at me ether. I cower back into a silence afraid to say anything more.

"Hey! Phil! Is it okay if I sit here today?" Dan asks with a smile on his face. I nod in reply.

We sit and eat and talk together oblivious of the fact Pj's right next to us. Dan asks me about exams and school and I ask him about his day. Our conversation goes on for nearly the whole of lunch time. The whole time we don't notice that Pj disappeared until Dan asks about him.

"I better go check on him.." Dan says, Dan may not get along with Pj well but always cares about other people. That's something that makes me like him more.

Dan goes off to go find Pj.

POV Dan

I walk through the cafeteria door scanning around for Pj but not finding a trace of him. The hall seems to be deserted so I take the left hall in search for him but nether finding him there. I retrace my steps and run down the right hall finding him leaning against a rusted locker.

"Pj! There you are! Is everything okay?" I ask while walking up to him.

"I left for a reason, Dan" He snaps harshly making me feel slightly intimidated. Pj takes a step towards me pulling out his headphones. "How long did it even take you too notice? You were too busy with Phil it's like I don't even exist. I know you ran away with him at my party, I didn't invite him so another guy could steal him," Pj spits moving even closer and grabbing me by the collar. " Stay away from Phil, he shouldn't have to waste time on a useless freak."

Normally I would cower away in situations like, i'm use to doing that but since I physically can't i'm caught on what to say.

"Like you have room to talk" I spit out without thinking.

"What did you say?" Pj snaps.

"The fact that you can think you own a human being is so idiotic, Phil's a person not a dog and honestly I don't thi-"

I was cut off by a sudden sharp pain that stung across my cheek, I feel Pj let go of my collar as I sink to the ground. Pj walks off down the corridor as i'm leaned up against the locker with a bloody and bruised cheek in my hand left to process what just happened.

After 5 minutes I decide it's best to fix myself up before anyone can see me.

— Meanwhile In The Bathroom —

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. The bruise is way bigger than I thought and my face looks swollen, there's no way I can go back to class looking like this and even further, talking to Phil. He's gonna know I didn't just "trip over something" . It'll be way to obvious what happened. A sigh as I sling my bag over my shoulder and make my way out of the school.

A/N: Hello! It's been awhile (if anyone cares lol) I was planning on not continuing the story but my sister convinced me to keep going aha, so sorry for not being around! Anyway next chapter within the next week? Or two? Anyway, bye! (btw yes I gave up on naming the chapters)