How To Flirt «Maehara Hiroto»

Requested by ShanaShiota

"How do I flirt?" Maehara inquired.

"Yeah. It's weird, seeing you flirt around with all the girls nonchalantly."

Maehara smirked. "Admit it, you don't know how to flirt, do you?"

Your cheeks reddened as you looked away. "What if I am? You got a problem with that?"

"Nah. Anyway, why are you curious?"

"N-Nothing..." You stuttered, abashed. "Do I even need a reason? Bitch-sensei haven't taught us completely about flirting." Lies. Lies. Lies. You actually wanted to flirt with Maehara. You thought it wouldn't be that bad, since he's doing it with lots of other girls too. At least, you can flirt with him because he taught you so.

But, quite ironic since he's the one you're planning to flirt with and the fact that he's gonna teach you makes it all complicated and nerve-wracking.

"Okay...? You're weird. But anyways, let's start. So when you flirt, you mustn't be too showy and boost up your confidence! You're not going to get the one you like if you're all shy." Funny how you say that since you're the one that I like. "And then, you must relax and bring up a casual conversation."

"Casual conversation? Like what's the homework? Do you know the constellations? Plane figures and such?"

He stared at you nervously. "Asking a homework might work but that's no flirting. Constellations and Plane figures? Oh you might bore that person to death, unless you have the same interests. But as a sane person, I'd like you to avoid that topic."

"Why? I-I mean, there's nothing completely wrong with it."

"Yeah, whatever. But hear me out. Casual conversation like his or her interests. Favorite movie, book, color, food, tourist spots. Like that. You might be able to get close with the ones you like if you did that."

"Ohh, I see."

"And flirting is not all about being playfully romantic, it's also all about showing casual interest. So if for example you knew his favorite color was black, how would you reply?"

You pursed your lips into a thin line, looking deep in thought. "Well I'd answer: Great! That's my favorite color too. You know, I have a lot of black stuffs at my house. Bears, clothes and watches."

Maehara nodded with a contented and proud smile on his face, and you found yourself swooning over him for a split second. He was too mesmerizing for your sake. "Right! That's right! You learn so fast, you act naturally! Oh, I'm so proud." He wiped a fake tear and you just laughed at his childish antics.

"Okay, what I told you were just all true. Really. I love black, and—"

"Ooo, what is this? Do I see two people flirting?" Karma showed up, a teasing smirk on his face. "You two, doing that in the classroom... how shameless."

"No! We aren't. Is it wrong for a boy and a girl to talk about their interests?" You turned to Maehara. "Him and I are just friends, right?" Even though those words hurt you a lot, you still voiced that out loud. What's worse was when Maehara nodded his head, grinning.

"I was actually teaching her about flirting. She picked up pretty fast." Oh darn, that was the worst he could've said.

Karma's eyebrows shoots up as he burst into fits of laughter. "Oh, someone wants to flirt."

"Ah! Shut up! I'm just curious!" You reasoned, puffing out your cheeks.

"Really, huh?" Karma turned to Maehara. "Good luck, buddy."

Maehara chuckled as he sees your flushed face. "No need to get shy now. Let's proceed."

"Mm."

"So when you flirt, you must always smile. Remember that a happy person can be contagious. React to what he says. So for example I told you that I love Barbie, you must react."

You guffawed. "Really? Using Barbie as an example?"

"That's just an example. So anyways, if you really like that person, try to drop off some hints."

"Hints... like what?"

""You're so funny, no wonder many girls have fallen for you already." Something like that."

You gasped. "No way! That's way too obvious!"

"Okay, you can think up of something more decent. But I think it's not that bad. So uhh, do you get it now? Or do you need some more lessons?"

You bit your lip. "Uh, I actually didn't but I get the main gist of everything. Thanks though." Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Maehara Hiroto taught me about flirting, and now I'm gonna try it with him. When and how, though?

"Sure thing. Call me if you need help." He said, winking. Oh, so if something went wrong with my flirting, then I'd ask you about what to do when in fact you're the one I'd be flirting with?

Then you have decided to commence your plan later at lunch without anybody's knowledge, even Koro-sensei.

"Maehara-kun." You tapped his shoulders. "Let's eat lunch together?"

"Oh sure, with Isogai, that is." Oh man, he's such an idiot! Why did he have to invite him? Then again, Isogai-kun would be lonely if I took Maehara-kun away from him. Guess I'd have to wait for the perfect timing for us to be all alone.

You followed him and Isogai who were conversing about the girls of the classroom. You overheard Isogai who would actually vote for Kataoka for being the most courageous woman in Class 3E.

So in the end, you never got the chance to talk to Maehara.

Pissed off, you decided that after dismissal time was the perfect time for flirting with him. All you have to worry about was the octopus. But he has to watch some volleyball game in Florida so he's out of the way.

"Maehara-kun. Let's walk home together?" You offered.

"Okay. Well this is rare. Do you need any tips about flirting?"

You laughed. Idiot. I'm gonna flirt with you and you'll give me tips. "No. Just wanna walk home with a friend, that's all."

"Okay, if you say so."

You tried to make a small conversation. "The cherry blossoms are very pretty, don't you think?" Major facepalm. That was so smooth. The way you said it was kind of awkward.

But Maehara was pretty oblivious to notice that.

"Yeah, but I don't like the color pink."

"I guess pink is fine for me, but I don't really love it because I'm not a fan of barbie." You teased, poking him. Oh my gosh, I just poked him!

"Oh, shut up."

"Now I was wondering... what's your favorite food?" I hope it wasn't too obvious. I hope it doesn't look like I'm flirting. I hope he's not going to assume—

"Let's see... well I like Okonomiyaki! What about you?"

"I love them!" You exclaimed. In truth, you disliked Okonomiyaki. You just had to react in a good way just like Maehara himself told you. "So what about your favorite song?"

"Sorry."

"What? Why?"

"Sorry by Justin Bieber is my favorite song."

You sniggered really hard. "Seriously? You're a Belieber?"

"Nah, I'm kidding. I don't have any favorite song." Then you reached his house. "I'll see you later." He grinned and shot you a wink, but not before whispering, "I knew you were flirting with me."

Word count: 1211