Treat «Isogai Yuuma»

Requested by ShanaShiota, hahaha ;)

"If I win, you'll have to treat me." Isogai told you, smirking. "There's no way out of this."

"Okay, and if I win, I'll treat you like a dog." As soon as those words escaped your lips, the Ikemen stretched out his hand for you to shake, a sign of sealing the deal.

"You're on." You gripped his hand tightly, bumping his shoulder.

You were best friends with this guy for the longest time. You weren't in the same school as him but still, you managed to still meet up with him every weekend. Girls all around were jealous, seeing that you and Isogai were best friends, and that there's a possibility wherein you could be lovers with him. You laugh it off everytime, but it didn't mean that you thought of it as impossible.

Matter of fact, you had a crush on him back then. He wasn't really hard to love, and honestly speaking, he was the most perfect guy you could ask for excluding his poor status in society. Handsome, helpful and smart. Perfect guy? Yes.

But then again, he is your best friend. You needed to eradicate your feelings for him because your friendship is at risk. With that thought in mind, you tried to forget your feelings for him and luckily for you, you were successful.

Now, you have this deal with him. If he wins, he's gonna get a prize. And if you win, you get the golden opportunity to treat him like a dog. The deal was actually unusually motivating when it comes to studying. It's all about the exams. He has to get a higher rank than you so he'd win and vice-versa.

"Take it easy. I'll see you if there's a next time?" You inquired, your lips curving upwards as you looked him in the eye. "Good luck, buddy."

"Yeah, same to you." He shot you a wink and went off.

~

"Yeah, I'm gonna beat your a**."

"Language, (y/n). That's not nice."

"Yeah, yeah. You're like my mom. See 'ya when I beat 'ya!"

"You wish." You hung up the phone as you heaved a sigh. Today was the day wherein you'll take the exams. Everything seemed like slow motion as you entered your school premises. The last exam you were going to take as a middle school girl. It's all too sudden for you.

"You have an hour and a half to answer the exam. Ready... go!" The teacher said, and that was the cue to start answering.

~

"Ready to lose?" You asked as you smugly grinned at the boy who sat in front of you at the diner.

"Oh, I should be asking you that."
You punched his shoulder playfully. "Isogai-kun learned how to brag! Achievement!"

The ikemen's face burned in embarrassment as he realized that for a moment he went out of character. "Oh shush. So at the count of three...

two...

one..."

You both took deep breaths before shouting, "I'm ranked 24th!"

Your mouth went ajar. "What... you're ranked twenty-fourth too?"

"Yeah... and I should be asking you the same thing."

You both leaned back on your chair lazily and disappointedly. "Man, my studying was for nothing. I did all my best just so I could treat you like a dog!"

"You were serious about that? And no, your efforts didn't go to waste. We both ranked up, right? You should even be grateful." You shrunk back at his intense, serious gaze.

"Yeah, well, sorry." You mumbled. "So what now? It's not fair, since the both of us did our best."

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Treat me?"

A frown made its way to your lips. "What? Me only? That's injustice!"

"Well Imma treat you soon."

You narrowed your eyes at him. "Whatever do you mean by that?"

"Oh, come on. Just pay for the dinner." Isogai gave you the puppy eyes that you couldn't resist for some reason. You sighed and nodded as he ordered for the both of you.

"So in preparation for the treat..." You perked up the moment he spoke. Preparation? "(y/n). Do you like somebody as of right now?"

You shook your head slowly. "No. Back then I did. It was actually you, but I thought of it as wrong since we're best friends and all. Why'd you ask?"

"I just wanted to know..." He let out a shaky breath and that's when you noticed the red color that tinted his cheeks. Oh gosh, the Ikemen was blushing! You couldn't help but quirk a brow at the adorable sight in front of you. "So if there's a possibility, who would be your crush?"

"Um... I'd say no one. You know, you're blushing and you're weird today." You paused for a moment. "Hmm, okay maybe it's still gonna be you."

"M-Me?"

"Yeah. And I hope you're not getting the idea that I still like you. And oh! About my treat? I'd say you can treat me to ice cream." Then you remember his family needing some food this week. "On second thought, never mind..."

"(y/n). I promise that my treat is better." Isogai suddenly held your hand to your surprise with such a relieved face. What the heck was he doing?

You knew your face was showing him fifty shades of red so you cleared your throat. "U-Um... your hand?"

He swiftly let go of it.

After dinner, he offered to take you home. As much as you didn't want it because you thought it was a bother, he told you it was fine and that he hasn't given you his 'treat' yet. You silently prayed that he wasn't planning on spending money because of a petty deal.

As you walked home in silence, he broke it by whispering, "Here it goes." Feeling awkward, you sidled a bit, biting your lip. Imagine the shock on your face when he pulled you back to his side. "Don't do that again." He mumbled in a deep voice. You thought it was so... attractive. You'd be lying if you said it wasn't. "I like you."

You tried to play it off nervously. "Stop being such a mushy friend."

"No seriously. I like you not as a friend." Abruptly, he pulled you towards him as your lips made contact with him. You gasped as you were too flabbergasted and embarrassed. He smiled as you pulled away. "Treat complete. Don't think of it as something I did because of a treat. Those were all true."

Word count: 1092