Passer-By «Koro-sensei»

No one’s requesting for poor Koro-sensei so I dedicate this to him...

As you prepared for your journey to everywhere, you let out a breath of excitement. This was your first time travelling, furthermore, alone and all by yourself. The preparations were all complete and everything you needed for survival was packed up in your bag. You decided to let time pass by first by staring at the ceiling, wondering what it would be like if you had met people around the world.

After for at least thirty minutes, you pushed yourself out of the bed, slung your messenger bag over your shoulder and faced the mirror. You smiled, thinking that for an amateur traveller, you looked great and not to mention fashionable.

All set, you wandered around the city of Japan. You were amazed by the culture it had as always, but this wasn’t your first time coming to the Land of the Rising Sun. It still kept its beauty.

But something seemed off. It’s like, the higher officials were hiding something from the public, like it was really needed to be hidden. You were very observant that these kinds of things wouldn’t escape your vision without notice.

Since you’ve got no right to butt in the situation though, you decided that it was best to keep your mouth shut and continue the expedition around Japan.

Not an hour later, you arrived at the base of what seemed like a mountain. To your surprise, it looked gloomy, and from where you are you could spot a small structure from above which seemed like a school. Curious about the little discovery, you climbed up the slippery mountain.

As you took a cautious step, you gasped almost dramatically as your left foot slid because of the mud. To prevent yourself from falling, you used your hand. The moment you did that though, mud was splashed all over your face. You cussed, wiping the excessive amount of mud with your arm.

Sighing, you went on your way to the building, following your instincts. The sun was ready to set, and just as you realized that, a mob of what looked like students came, chatting. You hid behind a tree, carefully listening to their conversation.

“We will kill Koro-sensei!”

“Yeah, ‘cause we’re the class 3E!”

“Hey, aren’t you forgetting something?”

“Oh gosh, I have to help my mom cook dinner tonight!”

As their footsteps and voices got farther, you slowly stepped out of your hiding place. You couldn’t really believe that there were students inside that almost worn out school. In addition, it was only one class and... Koro-sensei? Doesn’t Koro mean unkillable? Why would they kill “Koro-sensei”?

Maybe because they hated their teacher for giving them loads of assignments and “killing” is just an exaggeration.

Curiosity getting the best of you, you went on your way to the school. Your jaw dropped as soon as you saw the chocolate brown building. It was simple and old but it looked like it was still taken care of. You really wanted to get inside that classroom to take a look around.

Before you could even secretly do that though, you felt a slimy hand pat your shoulder. What the? Slimy? Wait, is that even a hand?

“Hello, how may I help you?” A man’s deep voice questioned. Slowly turning around, you came face to face with an octopus.

“O... Octopus!” You ejaculated, frozen in your spot. It was weird because one, an octopus never spoke, two it was coloured yellow and three it can breathe without water. “W-W-What are you?”

“I am an octopus and I shall introduce myself. Koro-sensei, the teacher of class 3E. They’re the assassins and I’m the target. They should kill me before March or else the world is doomed.” The so-called Koro-sensei wrapped his... tentacles around you and put his index finger over his mouth. “Keep it a secret. Nobody in public shall know about this.”

Information overload.

Too many things were running in your mind. Your brain was too slow to process all the information that you should keep as a secret. “Okay...” Your eyes went to the grass just below your feet as a gust of wind blew. “We need to talk and, well, get to know each other as that happens.”

“Very well. But first, don’t you want to change clothes?”

~

“I can’t believe you changed my clothes and fixed my appearance in just a minute. You’re a monster.”

“Nurufufufu, that’s just how I am.” Koro-sensei flashed you a warm grin that made your heart flutter. “Why have you come?”

He was right. Why did you come?

“I’m actually a tourist.” Koro-sensei perked up as he heard your accent. “I saw this mountain and got curious with the school on top of it.”

“But the school is strictly prohibited to tourists like you and there are guards under this mountain.”

“I didn’t see them and they didn’t see me.” You answered, looking down. “But if that’s the case then I’m going.”

The yellow creature held your arm to stop you from going as you clung onto your bag. His eyes showed that he didn’t have any idea as to why he gripped your arm. Then a reason popped onto his head. “Please don’t tell anyone about this mountain, school, its students... and me.” He drawled the last word.

“I know... let me go now?” He abruptly loosened his grip on you and you beamed. “I hope we’ll be able to see each other again, Koro-sensei?” Koro-sensei couldn’t smile. The teacher remained frozen, taking in your gorgeous and bright smile that would catch the attention of many. He couldn’t bring himself to answer. He was tongue-tied.

“Koro-sensei?” Then he finally snapped out of his trance.

“Okay... see you soon, (y/n)-san.” You didn’t know if it was just you and your weird hallucination but Koro-sensei seemed sad for a moment. Not wanting to assume something inappropriate, you nodded and proceeded to climb down the mountain...

... without ever knowing that you reminded Koro-sensei of Yukimura-san.

Word count: 1029