Pen «Nagisa Shiota»

A Nagisa x Bloodlust Reader oneshot requested by LaiRosyFriend and AyumiKomaeda. This is dedicated to the both of you.
Enjoy and thanks for requesting! ;)

It had been three days since your pen went missing in action. You borrowed almost everybody's pens and for you it's a shameless act. You believed that there's a pen thief here on class 3E but you were too shy to ask anybody about your pen.

Currently, Koro-sensei was teaching Japanese Literature. He was writing a lot of things on the blackboard so you exhausted yourself in writing, not minding the drops of sweat that rolled down your forehead.

"You okay?" Karma, your seatmate, jostled your shoulder while writing.

"Yeah, I'm all right." You breathed out, nodding slightly. "It's just... the pen I borrowed from Terasaka-san is getting tired. The ink is disappearing."

Karma nodded as if he knew what to do then raised his hand. "Koro-sensei."

The yellow creature whipped his head to look at Karma. "Yes? Do you need to pee?"

"No." The red head deadpanned, not too happy with the question. "(y/n)-chan needs a pen because Terasaka's pen is useless."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Terasaka queried in a loud voice, forehead creased.

"Oh, I see." Koro-sensei drawled, completely ignoring Terasaka's outburst. "Well, does anybody have extra pens?" Nobody answered and their eyes travelled to everywhere. Nobody didn't want to let you borrow because you won't return their pens.

At least, except for a certain someone.

"I have one."

Nagisa. You never got the chance of borrowing a pen from him, ever. That's why the shock on your face was unpaintable. He stood up and unconsciously, you held out a hand as he put the pointed object on your hand.

And you forgot to thank him.

The class went on but Nagisa stayed on your mind.

Time passed by and soon, it was lunch time. You were too abashed to go near him and thank him for the pen because his friends surrounded him. It's as if they were walls that were preventing you to come near the light-blue haired boy.

Someone bumped your shoulder. "What are you doing?" It was Karma. You didn't notice that he wasn't beside Nagisa anymore. "Oh, staring at Nagisa. I guess Kayano-chan has her love rival now." You took a step back and shook your head rapidly.

"No! You've got it all wrong! I was just... I need to thank him for the pen."

"Ah, then why don't you go thank him? It's not like he'll bite you if you talk to him."

You scratched your head. "He's got his friends all around him and he's not really my friend so I'm too embarrassed to interrupt whatever their activity is."

Karma blinked and guffawed a moment later. “(y/n)-chan, listen. All the kids here in class 3E are friends. Why, aren’t you in class 3E? Nagisa is very friendly, don’t you worry. Nagisa is not like Terasaka who would hurt a girl if he wants to.”

“Hey, I heard that, strawberry head! And I don’t hurt girls!”

“Anyway, he’s approachable. If you want I can get you near him and make you two talk alone.” He wiggled his eyebrows mischievously at you.

“That’ll do... but maybe I’ll thank him later.” You mumbled, looking down. “Thanks, strawberry head.”

Karma frowned. “I don’t like strawberries.”

~

Dismissal time. You’re still in the classroom, sitting and staring at the distance like an idiot would. You were waiting for the perfect chance so you could go thank Nagisa and return the pen at the same time.

You didn’t forget to return the pen for the first time which shocked Karma. He expected for you to forget about returning the pen.

Going back, you are an idiot. You didn’t notice that Nagisa was outside the classroom already and you’re all alone in the classroom.

“Where did he go?” You murmured. “I have to give back his pen...”

You made your way out of the classroom and saw your classmates chatting and laughing. Koro-sensei was nowhere; probably out to buy some food.

Frantically, your head moved from side to side, hoping to see even a strand of Nagisa’s hair. A few more minutes later, you sighed, hopeless.

You walked home, staring at the black pen. It was sharp like a knife, and you felt the need to pierce something with it.

It seems like luck was on your side because as you looked up, you saw Nagisa ahead of you. You planned to stalk him all the way to his house and express your gratitude once he arrives there.

A shadow of a mysterious man caught your eyes a moment later. You were too shocked and you didn’t want Nagisa being in danger. Feeling like you owed the little boy, you watched the mysterious man’s ninja-like moves. Your eyes widened as you descried a knife along with his shadow. Instincts took over you—you felt bloodlust boiling inside your body—so you gripped and stabbed the man with the pen.

The man cried out in pain and that’s when Nagisa turned around. His hands flew to his mouth in surprise. “(y/n)-san? What are you doing?”

You were too surprised by your own actions that you didn’t have the chance to answer and all you did was shake your head.

You felt yourself slowly relaxing as he held your shoulders and shook you. “Hey! Hey! Are you okay?” He scanned your body and his gaze stopped at the pen in your hand which was filled with blood. “Wha.”

The fear and surprise of stabbing the man went back and you trembled. “I... I was trying to protect you because he was going to kill you and—”

“Shh. It’s okay. Thanks for saving me with... my pen. We’re gonna report this to the police. Thanks for saving my life. I would’ve died...” He looked at the man who had dropped the knife he was holding.

As if someone flicked his fingers in front of you, you remembered Nagisa’s pen. “About your pen... thank you.” You had no idea as to why you were blushing madly. Good thing that the sun was setting so Nagisa didn’t really notice it.

“You’re welcome.” Nagisa beamed, and your stomach did somersaults (ignoring the fact that he looked grossed out at the pen drenched in blood). “It’s yours now. My gift for you saving me.”

“Really?”

“Really.” Nagisa chuckled. “Thanks again.”

“You’re welcome.”

And the both of you smiled at each other as the sun slowly set.

Was that a bloodlust reader? Well I hope you enjoyed...

Word count: 1112