4. Whom Else will I Go To?

The alert alarms are blaring loudly now. A voice informs us to head to the middle most areas as peripheral areas are at a high risk of being broken down by incoming debris streams.

We don't need to move much since the emergency cabin is placed in the center to avoid getting hit in any way.

We're about to move to the nearest assemblance point when someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see it's one of the emergency cabin members who beckons us inside.

Petry and I follow him inside, where we're instructed to sit by the cabin wall where two seats have been set up for us.

We thank him and sit down until the alert alarms stop and a voice instructs us to go back what we were doing now that no meteors are coming anymore.

Petry and I, as per what we were instructed, slowly make our way back to the main DSR cabin (not the one we were waiting in). When we reach the cabin, we see one of Zippin's minions standing by the assemblance point nearest to the cabin.

He looks at us with wide incredulous eyes filled with disbelief.

"Well, don't expect to get rid of us that soon." I quip, making Petry laugh and the minion smack his forehead. He gestures us to go inside the cabin and we do.

When we get inside, Zippin is saying something, "Some unforeseen circum-" but stops short when he sees Petry and I and frowns in disbelief.

"Well, I..." he trails off.

Zing comes running up to me and hugs me, making me wince involuntarily. He steps back and looks at me. He doesn't say a thing, but his eyes say it all.

"It's going to be okay." I whisper to him as we go and settle down.

Petry's team mate also greets her and they sit down as well.

Everyone still looks at us like we're from outside Zorg.

Zippin says, "Well, it's good to see that the two of you are back sound. Like I was saying, we've made our decision. We were about to say that our only choice was to pick the remaining two whole teams. But now, we'll go back to our earlier decision. Based on your performances in the tests held earlier today, we've picked the two best performing teams."

Zing tenses by my side, making me give his hand a reassuring squeeze.

Wow, it felt like a lifetime ago that we performed in those tests!!

Zippin continues, "The first team we've picked is..."

Everyone holds their breath now.

"Lina Porret and Anti Grofer."

It's the team who went before us in the last series (yes, the ones that mocked us in the start) and they high five each other now.