6. Rather Die than Not Go

"We're doing this." I say, Zing nodding in response.

"You couldn-"

Zing cuts Zippin off, "We are."

Zippin looks at both of us, surprised.

"Wouldn't you want to think over it?" he queries.

I look at Zing, whose eyes convey his comfort with our decision. He seems to have no need to question it. Neither do I.

So I say, "No, we're sure."

Zippin seems confused and shocked at our quick decision.

Nevertheless, he says, "If you were to agree to this detail, which you already have, we'd call it the Arduch mission."

Lina almost immediately scoffs. Everyone ignores her though.

Zippin continues, "So, are you really sure?"

"Yes." Zing and I say at the same time, our voices firm.

"No more questions then. We have to announce this to the entire population of Zorg." Zippin tells us.

"Even us?" Lina says.

"We might, but it's important we do that for them." Zippin gestures to us.

Lina immediately glares at me, her brows knitted into a frown.

"Do we have to?" I ask Zippin.

"Yes, we must. They might like to know who're risking their lives for Zorg and us Zorgians."

As per Zippin's instructions, we're all (every single Zorgian) asked to gather at the biggest cabin, which lies in the vicinity of the emergency cabin.

This cabin was made in the event of any catastrophes, for everyone to converge, a safe house, so to say...

Pretty soon, we reach the cabin, and sit at our assigned spots nearby a wall of the cabin. The cabin starts filling up soon.

Zing starts hyperventilating and I calm him down by reassuring him. He's worried. Worried about how our space exploration mission is going to go, worried about leaving Zorg behind, worried about me. Mostly scared of losing me though. He's also a tad claustrophobic...

Noticing him, people start sitting a bit away, giving him space.

Someone sits down to my other side. It's Petry, Ulso on her other side.

"Hey, do you know what this is about?" Ulso asks me.

I nod in response.

"What is this about?" Petry asks me.

In response, I gesture to Zing and I.

"Oh, so you got selected. Nice." Ulso says.

"What about that mean pair- Porret and Grofer, I guess- what did they get, Fila?" Petry enquires.