Chapter 5

Chapter five

"I didn't want to
Fall in love, not at all
But at some point, you smiled
And holy shít, I blew it."

——————–

He tilted his head to get a good look at her face, but she only lowered her head even more when she knew what he was thinking.

He clenched his jaw and glared at the top of her head.

Adam took notice of Karina's sudden mood, he moved his hand and went to comfort her by putting his hand over Karina's clenched one.

But it only made it worse, Karina flinched. Her knees hit the surface under the table making it shook, she finally raised her head with widened eyes.

And finally, he caught a good look at her.

Karina drew her hand out from Adam's grasped like it burned her, she abruptly stood up from the table, hitting the table again in the process, her drink spilled into the Eric's lap, taking him on surprise.

Well, now she was in deep crap.

The cafeteria fell into silence again and was now drawing their attention to four's table.

Four leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms over as he tries to stifle a laugh. Adam however was nearly afraid of what Eric could do to Karina.

She looked so small and weak, she flustered over the Eric's wet shirt.

Her fear was showing, she would be seen as a coward. The test hasn't even begun and it could clearly be seen that she'd fail and turn into the factionless.

She grabbed a napkin from the table, attempting to wipe off the water in his shirt while muttering 'sorry' all the time.

Eric took a hold of her wrist, making her whole body tense and cold. He hooked his fingers on her chin and lifted her face up until they locked their gazes.

Blue eyes.

That's what Karina saw in his, dark and mysterious in the depths like the chasm. Instead of being afraid, she felt fascinated by his eyes, mesmerizing.

It was the perfect color for her paints.

"Come with me", he says coldly. Letting go of her wrist and walking out the cafeteria, glaring everyone who was staring.

Karina was stunned for a moment, catching her breath that she was holding.

"You should go before he notices that you aren't following his orders and will stomp back you in and carries you out," four manages to say.

The corners of his mouth twitches into a small as a chuckle escapes from his lips.

Karina fake smiles at him.

"Thanks for the help," she grumbles, snatching her satchel from the chair and made her way out.

Eric was leaning against the wall, waiting impatiently. The doors flew open and came out Karina, her cheeks flushed.