Chapter 11

Chapter eleven

"You are the boy who wanders into warts
Without knocking or wiping your feet.

I am the girl who says goodbye
But never really lets go.

We are the aimless

The hopeless

The broken

The last."

———————

Eric jolted from his sleep, his neck and back stiffed in pain as he leans off the couch. He looks over to his side to see Karina gone, with only the pillows and blanket neatly folded including the clothes he leant to her.

His face was heated by rays of sunlight, peaking in by the crack of the curtains.

He craned his neck, stretched and let out a grumble. He swore under his breath and looked around, his eyes scanning the whole room.

He stood up from the couch, stretching his arms over the top of his head as he looks around for Karina.

He dropped his arms by his sides when he realized Karina had already woken up early to meet up with four by the pit.

He scratches his head in frustration, and thought that she could have at least left him a note or even try to wake him up so she wouldn't have to go alone.

But nonetheless, he doesn't know why what came over him when he suddenly felt irritated.

         "Are your eyes even open?" Four asks, his arms crossing over his chest, watching Karina missed the target again.

By the time Karina met up with four, they didn't waste anymore time and started to train whilst Karina tries to fulfill the end of her deal.

"Yes, four. My eyes are wide open, I just need to steady my hands and arms that's all." She says, pulling the trigger, it only hit the edge of the target.

"You've missed five times, you should've hit a single one even if it was an accident,"

Karina tries to shoot again, almost hitting the small dot on the middle of the other circles.

"Finally!" She cheers, fist pumping her hand as she grins.

"Uhuh, that's not enough. Your arms are weak, go to the mats and give me... Thirty push-ups ," four orders.

Karina didn't complained, even though her muscles in her arms were aching nonstop, she was determined that she needed to get stronger in order for her to pass. She may be physically weak but her mind was already trained for the worst.

Karina lies on her stomach by the time she reached the mats, her hands flat on the rough surface and elbows perked up.

"One," four counts as Karina pushes herself off and back at the ground again.

"Two," she pushes again. This time, pain shot through her as her arms began to quiver.

"Three," she ignored the pain and pushed up.