Chapter 12

Chapter twelve

"I've been thinking about changes, and who I was this time last year. I know I was a lot more afraid, and I know I am not the same person anymore. This time last year, I was waiting on a call I knew was never going to come. And now, I am making the call. I don't know when I exactly changed or how but I know at some point, between curry my strings, escaping my cage and building my wings,
I set myself free."

Word porn

———————

"Where have you been?" Adam cross his arms against his chest as he blocked Karina on her way.

"Training with four," she replies flatly, trying to maneuver her way out.

"No, I meant last night. Seriously, you just keep on disappearing! What're you hiding from me?" Adam's voice wavers, his eyes softening when Karina didn't make eye contact just like any other time when they meet.

Karina thought deeply, what would Adam do if she told him that she slept over at Eric's apartment?

Well, this was her first time having a 'friend' and all, she has no clue on what to do next except focusing in her training.

If she would tell the truth to Adam then he'll freak out, if she would lie to him then he'll get pissed. She was still sixteen, Eric is eighteen— Adam will get it all wrong and she's too tired to explain everything.

"I crashed at Eric's, I didn't slept last night when I was reading a book on the couch, nothing happened except hearing his annoying snores," she quickly says before dodging Adam when he was about to side-stepped her again.

"Why Eric's? Why didn't you sleep in the room we were assigned in?"

Quickening her steps, she could still hear Adam's loud footsteps right on her heels, she has to hold back a grumble under her breath.

"Give it up, Adam."

"Really? That's what you're gonna say to me? A really concerned friend over here to a girl who's right in front of him!" Adam quickened his strides until he was right beside her.

Karina ignores him and continues to quicken her pace.

Adam took what she was doing and quickened his also. Now she was pissed, from fast-walking, she now began to jog and Adam mirrored her actions.

"Come on, Karina! You're just tiring yourself out here, you just came from Four's training. I won't stop following you until you tell me why you stayed at Eric's place last night."

Karina halted in her tracks, Adam almost hitting behind her before controlling his feet.
She abruptly turned around and glared at him harshly.

"Me and Eric are going out and I am madly in love him, happy?"

Adam's eyes widened, with his mouth hanging agape before he squinted his eyes at her.

"That's a lie isn't it?"

"No," she turned around once more and stared walking, Adam following suit.