Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

"If loving you kills me tonight,
Then I was ready for death the moment you said hello."

r.m drake

———————
———————

Eric

"Ah shít, she ruined my face," Aaron cusses beside me, his right hand holding a mirror whilst his left hand examined the purple bruise on the corner of his lips.

I sighed out gruffly, pulling an annoyed face as Aaron kept on whining on and on about his defeat and how a bitch Karina was.

We were inside the infirmary, even though his bruises weren't that great— he still complained of how fúcked up he was.

"Suck it up, all you need is a damn ice pack and some ointments. It doesn't need a surgeon to deal with it," I spat, throwing an ice pack at him before quickly leaving the room.

God, I can't stand a minute with that douchebag.

Walking through the caverns, I made my way to The Pit. As I arrived, it was filled with the rest of the dauntless members . I spotted Four jogging with a group of dauntless initiates behind him, softie was at the front, her chest heaving heavily- I reckoned that she was starting to run out of breath. But she still pushed through and kept up with the pace, Four glancing behind momentarily.

"Seems like you know her," A voice came up beside me, Max suddenly pops up with his hands behind his back.

"Who?"

"That Amity transfer—Darbinian," He clarifies, bobbing his head to her direction.

I look back at Four's group, they stopped jogging but they are now doing push-ups, Lester- whom I known as one of Aaron's friends was lacking behind.

"I don't even know what her favourite colour is, and you're expecting me to be really familiar with her? That's kinda bullshit." I retorted, Max only returned it with a shrug.

"Shame what happened to her parents," Max blurts out, both of their eyes watching Karina.

"You don't have to talk shit like that, this is not the place to discuss her background." I say, eyebrows furrowing.

"Have you talked to Four about that leadership proposition?" Max changes the subject and glances at Eric.

"He avoids it every time, and when I do have the chance to talk to him about, he rejects the proposition."

"Hmm, keep it on then until he concedes," Max hums

"Four made his decision by staying at the control room." Now my whole attention has been taken by Max. my whole body turned to him, eyebrows furrowing.

Ever since me and Four transferred to Dauntless 2 years ago, Max has been bugging him to accept the proposition to become a Dauntless leader, now Max has been annoying me to convince Four to accept the offer. I don't even think that this is still an offer, more like I-don't-give-a-fuck-if-it-takes-too-long-for-him-to-accept-it-just-try-maybe-one-day-he'll-give-up kind of annoyance.