Chapter 10 ~ An Unforgettable Encounter

After that interesting Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, I was officially creeped out. Chills went down my back as I left the classroom. Professor Moody was creepy, especially with that eye. It scared the shit out of me every time I looked at it. Of course, I was going to talk to Cedric about it tonight. Or maybe later today, if I ever got the chance. Either way, I had to talk to him about this.

"Brilliant, isn't he?" Ron stated as we were heading down the spiral staircase. "Completely demented, of course, and terrifying to be in the same room with. But he's really been there, you know? He's looked evil in the eye."

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable," Hermione told him. "To perform them in a classroom. I mean, did you see Neville's face?" I nudged Hermione and pointed out that Neville was standing right there, looking out the window. He looked sad. Poor boy. Hermione was trying to see what he was looking at. "Neville?" she asked carefully.

Moody pushed us out of the way and touched his shoulder. "Son?" Neville turned around to look at him. "You all right?" Neville nodded in response and turned back at the window. "Come on. We'll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something." Neville reluctantly followed him back up the stairs. The four of us looked at each other and continued our way down.

"Such a shame. I was hoping he would torture both of you," Malfoy said from behind us. It was obvious that he was talking about me and Harry.

"Always thinking about us, aren't you, Malfoy? Don't you have other things to do rather than torment us every chance you get? Just stop stalking us, really." Everyone snickered around me.

"But tormenting you is what I do best, if you know what I mean." He smirked.

Was he really trying to get in trouble with Dumbledore and his father? "I suggest you keep your mouth shut, Malfoy," Harry spoke up. "Nobody cares."

"Watch it, Potter! This is between me and your stupid sister," Malfoy snapped at my brother.

I looked at Harry with pleading eyes, begging him not to get into a fight with him. Harry glared at him one more time, then Malfoy looked at me. He just stared at me, then walked off with his crew following behind him.

"I hate him," he said.

"He's not worth it, Harry," I said to him. "He really isn't."

Harry looked at me, then started following Hermione down the stairs. I sighed and looked down at Malfoy, who looked back up at me. I knew there was some good in him. But I wasn't going to tell Harry that.

*******

Nothing else happened except for the usual. We went to our classes, did homework, and hung out in the Gryffindor Common Room. We all decided to go to the Great Hall, where everyone was going to see who was going to put their name into the Goblet of Fire. Cedric was probably going, but I knew I couldn't talk to him while his friends were around. They would know about us.

Ron, Harry, and I were standing around the goblet while Hermione sat down on a bench, reading a book. I didn't see Cedric yet, and I hoped that I didn't miss him. I was scared that he was going to put his name in the goblet. If he did, I was worried that his name would be picked out.

We heard yelling coming from the entrance and it was Cedric and all of his friends. They all pushed him through the circle, yelling at him to put his name in there.

"Come on, Cedric! Put your name in!" one yelled.

He looked at the goblet and hesitated before putting his name into the blue flames. My heart dropped as everyone applauded. He smiled as he looked at me, giving me a wink. I smiled back. Of course, he went to a circle with all his friends. I was worried about this tournament, from what Dumbledore said during the feast, and it made me worry about Cedric if he was chosen to compete.