Chapter 16 ~ Forgiveness and Blackmail

There was a party after the task in the Gryffindor Common Room. Everyone was cheering for us when we got in there. As they surrounded us, Fred and George picked us up. We started to pass the egg around. Even Seamus kissed it before he handed it back to Harry.

"Go on, you two! What's the clue?" Seamus said.

Harry and I looked at each other, then we looked back at everyone else. "Who wants us to open it?" I asked. Everyone started cheering again.

"You really want us to open it?" Harry asked this time. The room echoed with cheers while Harry gave me the egg. "Open it, sis."

I took the egg from him and gladly opened it. A screeching noise came from the egg. Everyone covered their ears, which made the twins drop us. I quickly closed the egg and it was quiet again.

"What the bloody hell was that?!" a voice came from the entrance of the Gryffindor Common Room. It was Ron.

We just looked at him, and he just looked at us. It was awkward. Especially since he called me a slut. Little bastard.

"Alright, everyone! Go back to your knitting. This is going to be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in," one of the twins said.

Everyone left the room. It was just me, Harry, and Ron now.

He walked up to us. "I reckon you have to be barking mad to put your own names in the Goblet of Fire," he said.

"Caught on, have you? Took you long enough," Harry retorted.

"I wasn't the only one who thought you'd done it," he told us. "Everyone was saying it behind your back."

"Brilliant. That makes us feel better," I snapped in a sarcastic tone. "Especially when your best friend calls you a slut."

Ron looked at me with pity. I knew he was sorry for saying that, but I was not one to forgive easily. "At least I warned you about the dragons."

Was he being serious right now? "I'm pretty sure Hagrid warned us about the dragons," I retorted.

He shook his head. "No, I did," he said. "I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you two. Don't you remember? Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought we'd be all right, you know, after you'd figured that out."

"Who could possibly figure that out?" Harry asked him. "That's completely mental."

"I suppose I was a bit distraught," Ron chuckled. Then, he turned to me. "I'm sorry I called you a slut. I was just mad at you. You're not a slut. Any guy would be lucky to go out with an amazing girl like you, especially Cedric."

Okay. Maybe I could forgive him just this once. I was only saying that because the poor boy was blushing when he said that. I smiled at him and gave him a hug. He hugged me back and it seemed like he didn't want to let go.

Ron was just adorable at times. He just didn't know it.

*******

While I managed to escape with just cuts a bruises, as well as some burns, Harry ended up injuring his arm during the battle with that stupid dragon. So now, he was needing all the help he could get, and I didn't mean just with his arm. I also meant with his love life.

As he took a sip of his juice, he glanced over at Cho and her friends. When they looked over at his way, he tried to give them a smile. But he ended up spitting juice all over his lap. Cho's friends were giggling at him and Cho gave Harry a sympathetic smile.