Chapter 14 ~ A Scary Discovery

The next day, Harry and I decided that we should just relax. The first task of the tournament was coming up, and we had no idea what it was going to be. That was what worried us. But as long as we worked together, everything would be fine, and we wouldn't get killed. I was so over with everyone trying to kill us.

On that Sunday, Harry, Neville, and I decided to go to a spot on the lake and relax. We were going to go with Ron and Hermione, but he was still mad at us, and Hermione started to hang out with him more. It obviously meant that she was taking his side. But she wasn't going to admit that. But Neville was a really nice guy. I didn't understand why people made fun of him. He was so sweet. If I was ever upset and didn't have Harry, Ron, or Hermione to turn to, I would go to Neville.

While Neville was looking around for plants in the water, Harry and I sat against a tree, reading something that was in Neville's bag. "Amazing," he muttered. "Amazing!"

"Neville. You're doing it again," Harry told him.

"Right, sorry," he apologized quickly.

I took the book that Harry was looking at out of his hands and read the cover. "Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs?" I questioned.

"Moody gave it to me. That day we had tea," he told me. I saw him waving at someone. I turned around to see Ron, Hermione, and Ginny coming our way.

Hermione and Ron were whispering about something. I looked at Harry and got up to see what they wanted. Harry followed behind and we watched them for a couple of more seconds while they were whispering to each other.

Finally, Hermione came over to us. "Ronald would like me to tell you something," she started, trying to figure out how to start. "Seamus told him that Dean told Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you two." The entire time she said that, she looked and sounded confused. She had no idea what the hell she was saying.

"What?" we said at the same time in confusion.

Hermione went back over to Ron and said something. But Ron told her to go back to us and tell us something else. If Ron wasn't a coward, then he would just come over here and just tell us himself.

"Dean was told by Pavarti that..." Hermione sighed, then continued. "Please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you two." She walked away again.

"Well, you can tell Ronald--"

"I'm not an owl!" she yelled at Harry, cutting him off. She turned back around, walking away with Ginny and Ron.

We went back to our spots on the tree and sat there in silence.

I finally broke the silence after five minutes. "Are you sure he's going to forgive us?"

"He'll come around eventually," Harry replied.

"I don't know why he couldn't have told us himself that Hagrid was looking for us."

"You know Ron. He likes to make things complicated."

"That's why he's perfect for Hermione," I mumbled. "She can straighten him out."

Harry started laughing at my comment and soon I started laughing. Neville just looked at us funny. He gave us a look that made us look like we weren't normal.

But that was what we were, anything but normal.

*******

After Hermione told us about Hagrid, we went to his place to see what he wanted, where he asked us to go with him in the Forbidden Forest tonight. We snuck out of the Gryffindor Tower that night to meet Hagrid. We brought the cloak like he asked us before. Harry pulled the cloak over our heads and we got past the Slytherin Prefects easily. But I saw Cedric as he was roaming around the halls. With Cho. They were talking and laughing as they were walking together.