Chapter Seven-Hiding from the truth.

A/N: Hey guys! Another update :D Just for a moment let me say something...OH MY GOSH YOU’RE AMAZING! WE’RE AT #32 ON PARANORMAL! AHHHHHH. Sorry, dying moment over. xD But seriously, thanks SO much! We’re one step closer towards my goal :D But please keep the comments and votes coming if you have the time and I hope you enjoy this update! Dylan’s POV for a change, so I hope you like getting into his mind for a change and looking at Ashlynn from a different perspective. Enjoy (:

Chapter Seven-Falling.

Dylan’s POV.

I have never liked hospitals. It brought back too many memories, memories I didn’t care to remember. Memories that contained more terror than anyone but myself and my family could begin to imagine. Which was why, as I sat by the side of the girl I’d only met today, I couldn’t help thinking to myself that she was lucky I was here.

Of course, we weren’t in an actual hospital. Some would say that the sick bay barely counted, but I happened to disagree. It had that smell--you know, that smell, the smell of hospitals, of things much too clean. It also of course, had a nurse who automatically assumes she knows everything about your life, even if she’s really got no idea.

“Tell me again dear, what exactly happened?”

I sighed. That had to be about the forty millionth time the rather irritating nurse had asked me that. The same question, over and over as though she didn’t believe me. She was an elderly woman of about sixty, clearly with nothing else to do with her life other than patch kids up after a fight and watch snotty freshmans cry because they feel sick. And of course, to degrade all others.

Her piercing blue eyes narrowed as she looked at me, and I could have sworn she was staring me out. It was as though she were scrutinizing me, doubting my story. But then, who could blame her? It was slightly odd for a girl to pass out for no apparent reason, and still be out cold forty five minutes later.

Perhaps the nurse--Heather, according to her name badge--thought that I’d beaten her up, or poisoned her or something. Of course, that wasn’t the case. As I’d told her many times before, it was very simple what had happened. I just didn’t get what the big deal was. Ashlynn would come around when she was ready--right?

“I told you. She was getting stuff out her locker, I was stood behind her and there was another guy in front. We were just...talking, and then she dropped out of nowhere. Yes, I’m sure nothing stressed her out, yes, I caught her before she hit the floor and no, she didn’t express any feelings of feeling unwell beforehand. “

Before the frowning woman could reply, there was a sound that made us forget everything else.

Ashlynn was stirring, whimpering as she began to fidget. My attention was back to her in seconds.

“Lynne? Ashlynn?”

I didn’t even know where that name came from. It just happened, so naturally that I barely even thought about it. There was only one place both my mind and eyes were fixed upon; the girl in front of me.

Her eye lids snapped open, revealing the hazel brown orbs so often filled with kindness. She stared around suddenly, shifting on the bed she’d been placed on. Panic filled her face, and once more I just acted upon instinct. My hands grabbed hers gently, and I turned her chin to look at me.

“Ashlynn? Lynne, you’re okay.”

Her brown eyes softened at the sight of me, and immediately she melted into my arms.

“Dyl!” she cried, something between a squeal and a whimper as she sought comfort in my chest.

“Are you okay honey?” I asked, a frown appearing upon my forehead.