Chapter Eight-On the edge.

Hey guys! Part nine, chapter eight here! Much longer chapter this time; I've just spent all day working on it so I hope you enjoy! Two different P.O.V's in one chapter this time. :D Again I'd like to thank you all; we're at Paranormal #30 / Other #40 / What's Hot #887! I almost died when I saw it so thanks a bunch! Question; should I list it under Mystery/Suspense instead of Other? Hm. Let me know what you think. One more thing; some of you have said that my authors notes are too long. I apologize if they are, but they often contain key information. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it! But please, if you could not complain about that it would be nice--it is totally fine if you don't want to read them but others do so...(: Dedicated to DarkHeartz, a good friend of mine who I know in real life, who just joined Wattpad today and is starting her own story. Go check her out and welcome her to Wattpad! (: Anyway, ENJOY.

Chapter Eight-On the edge.

Ashlynn's P.O.V.

As I slowly walked to where my good old bike was, my mind was spinning. Today had been...well, I couldn't even think of words to describe how odd it truly was. Let's see...I had started the day at my arch enemy's house, gained a kitten, left the kitten at said enemy's, come to school, made a friend, my dead twin sister started talking to me again, then took control of me so that I completely owned the hottest and most popular guy in senior year--no, scratch that, the whole school.

If it were in any different circumstances, it might have been funny. You know, if I had the confidence to say such things and wasn't being possessed by my dead twin sister.

Possessed. Such an odd word--did it describe what Hope was doing to me? At first, no. She was merely communicating with me. But then? That was pure possession, right there. And you want the honest truth? It scared me, more than even I cared to admit.

At least I had gained one thing today; Dylan and I had clicked instantly, and I couldn't thank him enough for what he did. Whatever the history was between Dylan and Cory, the pair obviously didn't get on. Unless it was just me Dylan was standing up for, trying to protect me from the idiot.

The thing was, Hope was right. Cory was hot and although I'd never admit it, he was having an effect on me. No! I hated him. He was arrogant, cocky, ignorant, rude...gorgeous.

Someone's got a crush!

The incredibly child like voice that I recognized as Hope sung out in my head, making me sigh.

Get out of my thoughts, Hope.

Although I couldn't see her, I was willing to bet anything my sister would be frowning if she could right now. Our personalities may be different, but our actions and body language were always a mirror image of each other.

Why? You're my sister. You're my best friend. You've been wishing all this time that I was here, and now I am you don't want me?!

I sighed. An argument with Hope was all I needed.

It's not that, Hopie. I'm scared I'm going mad...

Admitting that, right there, was a turning point for me. Yes, I was used to being logical, intelligent and one hundred percent sure of my sanity. Now? Now I was using my intelligence and logic to question if I was truly going mad. It was all getting a bit much, if I was honest.

Since that night, I'd been blocking out all memories of it, concentrating too much on Hope and other things that could distract me. Like the whole Dylan and Cory thing, and the fact that Carly was turning out not to be the heartless bitch I first imagined she was. But I knew it was only a matter of time, only a short while until it all got too much and I snapped. The fact it was so unpredictable scared me. I was so used to being in control, that I knew when it came, it would hit me hard.