Chapter 13

Author's Note: I'm am very sorry for not uploading. I haven't had much time to write recently. I've been studying for midterms and other college crap and above all, moving. I finally moved into my own apartment but sadly there's no wifi as of yet. That's why it's taken me some time to upload this chapter even though I've had it done for a few days. Hopefully I get some wifi in the next few days or weeks so I can upload more. Anyway, here's the next chapter! Hope you enjoy! 

"Clary!" Izzy was calling my name. I ignored her, I was ignoring everybody. I was taking my emotions out by sketching before I went and killed somebody, preferably Jace. Although I'm not too sure that would be a bad thing.

My Parabatai barged into my room. "Clary! I've been calling you for like five minutes."

"I heard," I said as I scratched the pencil across the paper.

Before I could protest, Izzy took the sketch pad and pencil out of my hands. "What's going on with you? You don't do this, not to me."

I sighed. "Gee, I don't know Izzy. I mean I just found out my father has been murdered and not only did my mother keep it a secret, no, Jace heard apparently and didn't tell me the truth either."

She sat down on the bed next to me. "Why does that make you so upset?"

"Because everybody's excuse is that they're trying to protect me. I don't want to be protected, I don't need to be protected. I can protect myself."

"Clary...I hate to point out the obvious but your father was murdered. The same person is going after you and your brother. You know your father was much more skilled them you. What makes you think that you can take this killer when your father couldn't?" Izzy asked. And then I realized something, she was scared for me. She was scared that something would happen to me.

"Izzy, you're not going to lose me," I promised her.

"You don't know that," she said. "I can see the grief my dad feels when he looks at his faded Parabatai rune. If that became me I don't think I could survive it."

"Izzy," I started and grasped her hands. "You're strong. Probably a lot stronger then me. Don't you ever say things like that. I'm not going to die. We're going to find this bastard and turn him over to the Clave." I wanted nothing more than to kill him. But that wouldn't solve anything; no, he had to be put on trial in front of the Clave.

Izzy gripped my hands. I noticed that her eyes were watery. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen Izzy cry.

"You two are so sappy," a voice sighed entering the room. I hadn't realized Izzy left the door open.

"Izzy can I please have my pencil back so I can kill Jace with it?"

"You know normally I would try to stop you but this time I agree." Izzy handed me back my pencil.

Jace held up his hands. "Woah! I think you've wounded me enough today."

Izzy suddenly started laughing. "Wait, you did that Clary?" She asked referring to Jace's black eye. "I love you so much more."

I grinned at Izzy. It had felt good punching Jace earlier. I turned to the blonde. "What do you want?"

"We're going to Magnus' house. Alec thinks that he might be able to do a spell that can tell us who wrote the note," Jace explained.

"Why are you telling us?" Last time he left without us.

"For one you have the note," Jace pointed out. I realized that it was still folded up inside my pocket. "And two Alec won't let me leave without the two of you."