~part eleven~ The Gig

"Hey Austin!" Omg what is he doing here. If Harry sees him he'll probably flip.

"Hi Kenzie!"

"What's up? Do you need something?"

"Actually I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out tonight and just get something to eat, as friends of course?"

"I really appreciate the offer but I'm actually going to my bands gig later with my boyfriend back in my hometown."

"Oh. Where's it gonna be at?"

"The Cafe in Woodsburry."

"Cool. Well I better go then but I'll see you later. Good luck." Aww he looks so sad.

"Thanks! And I'm sorry again, but maybe another time. I promise."

"It's okay and that sounds fantastic."

"Ok. Well bye!"

"Bye." Thank Jesus. That was easier than I thought but I still feel bad, but I have a gig to attend.

***

"Justin!!!!" I yelled his name as soon as I saw him. God I miss him so much!

"Kenzie!!!" Ahh I'm gonna die. He came up to me and swooped me up from the ground and gave me a huge bare hug. I miss his hugs.

"I've missed you so much J."

"I've missed you too K. And who is this guy."

"Oh, sorry. Umm Justin this is my boyfriend Harry. Harry this is my best guy friend and band mate Justin." They shook hands and discussed some things while I wandered off to warm up my voice. Man I've missed this. Performing in front of people was what I was best at.

"Excuse me miss? You guys have 5 minutes till show time."

"Oh! Thank you." Shit! I need to hurry.

I started to warm up my voice and sing some things while everyone else was setting up the last minute touches.

"Hello everybody! Thank you for joining us tonight! And please everybody give a hand for Forever Young!" Fuck! We're going on. You'll do great Makenzie! You've got this!

I walked on stage while people cheered and yelled our name. I scanned the crowd to see if I knew anyone here, but I didn't find anyone but I did find my amazing boyfriend though.

"Hello everyone! We're Forever Young and for our first song we will have the amazing Makenzie singing her favorite song Young & Beautiful by Lana Del Rey!!" Omg that's me! I'm singing right now! Ahhh!!!!

"Hello, umm well here we go!

***

After we were done we got off the stage and went to go order ourselves something to drink.

"Hey Kenzie! Great job tonight!" Omg! No! He's here!

"Austin! What are you doing here?"

"Well since you couldn't hangout because of this then I thought I could just come here and then we could maybe hangout!"

"I don't think that's a great idea Austin, I am here with my boyfriend."

"I know but it's not like your cheating on him or something, I just want to hangout with you."

"I know but-"

"Who the fuck is this asshole!!!??? Get your fucking hand off of her!!" His hand?

I looked down and noticed his hand was on my arm and I hadn't felt it at all.

Harry grabbed his arm and yanked it from mine.

"I'm sorry man. I didn't mean to. I was just talking to her. No harm."

"You never answered my question Kenzie, who is this?"

"First of all, calm the fuck down! He's just a friend and plus he's the new kid at school, Austin Gray. Obviously you haven't met him."

"No I haven't, but this isn't quite the greatest first impression either."

"Look I'm sorry dude, I didn't mean to put my hand on her it just happened by accident. It's actually not that big of a deal."

"Not that big of a deal?Psh....whatever. Makenzie can we please speak in private?"

"Why?......Harry wtf!?! Let go of my arm!" He had grabbed my arm and yanked me from my spot next to Austin and was dragging me towards the exit.

"Hey let go of her man!" No! Please don't let Harry lose his cool!

"Go back inside Gray! This doesn't involve you!"

"We'll I don't like you grabbing her like that. She deserves someone who isn't a jealous asshole like you!"

"Austin, please just go back inside." I don't want him to get hurt because of me. I'd feel so guilty.

"No I won't let him hurt you Makenzie. He's just jealous of me because I can treat you much better than he can."

BAM!!! Harry had punched Austin right in the face and he fell to the ground and Harry wanted to jump on him but I couldn't let him, so I held him back. "Harry don't you dare."

"Oh, so now you're defending him? Wow. I thought you were on my side."

"I am on your side! I have been the whole time. Harry look at this situation, you have taken it way out of proportion! I wouldn't ever leave you for him. I would never do anything to hurt you either. Trust me Harry!"

"You know what, I can't seem to believe anything right now so I'm leaving. I'm sorry Makenzie but I can't do this! Ever since we've been together its like I've changed for the worst, but I can't let that go on. We're over." Over? No. We can't be.

"What? Harry! Your being idiotic! Did you forget how much trouble I went through just to be with you? I broke up with my boyfriend for you!"

"So, your boyfriend had already cheated on you. I'm sorry Makenzie, but I can't do this anymore. I hate going to school everyday and realizing that every boy stares at you like they want to devour you and take you home. I can't deal with all those looks."

"But can't you trust me? If someone pulls something I won't go for it Harry. I just want to be with you!" By this time I'm already breaking down into a fit of tears. I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"I do trust you. But I don't trust them. If they did something to you I would flip the fuck out and probably end up killing them like I wanted to with this kid, but I got to go. I need to get home, it's getting late. But just remember that I will always love you Makenzie." And there he goes. The boy of my dreams. Gone. He broke up with me because he can't handle all the attention being drawn towards me. Wow. I did not picture our relationship ending like this.

"Makenzie? Are you okay?" Whoops I totally forgot he was standing there the whole time.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine. Just a bit in shock I should say." More like a lot in shock.

"Well it is getting pretty late. You wanna go home? I'll give you a ride since you don't have your car."

"Sure. Thanks by the way."

"For what?"

"For being here for me." I gave him one of my warmest smiles and kissed him on the cheek as I started to walk towards his car.

"No problem. I'd do it again in a heart beat." That smile! Ugh, I'll die one of these days.

---------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys! So here's a longer chapter than usual because I haven't updated in like forever. And I'm really sorry about that, but I've been super busy with school and everything. But I'll try for another update soon.

But tell me what you think!

Vote

Comment

Love ya!!

Vero <3