Today Is A New Day

One Week Later

I swept up the floors, thinking.

Now that Rin has to take care of Len in the hospital, and get his medical bills covered, who's going to work her shift..? 

Rin and I are the only employees in the Café, and I don't think Mister Wazuki would just dump everything onto me.

I hear the bell at the door, and look up, and smile a bit.

"Hello Mister Wazuki." I wave.

"Hello Picco, nice to see you here this early." Mister Wazuki chuckled.

"No problem." I smiled.

"Since Rin's out of work for awhile, I decided on a replacement for her." He smiled.

"Who?" I tilted my head.

Please don't be Neru, please don't be Neru....

"Oi, where do you want me to put the new shipment?"

I looked up at the new arrival.

So that's who.

"You two will be working together from now on. I'll take the box." Mister Wazuki picked up the box, leaving.

"Looks like we're going to be working together from now on." He chuckled awkwardly.

"Mhm. Do you know how to cook?" I asked as I finished cleaning the floor.

"Uhm... No... I usually eat takeout." He admitted.

"Then I'll just have to teach you how to cook!" I smile brightly.

"Uhh... Okay... Isn't a bit weird for a guy to cook the kind of sweets we have on the menu?" He asked.

"I have to serve almost all the food now, this place is advertised as a Maid Café, not having at least one maid out at all times would be false advertisement." I explained.

"Oh... Uh... Sorry I asked."

"Don't worry, it'll be fine, besides, then you don't have to keep paying for takeout, it's expensive." I continued to explain as I fixed up all the tables and refilled the Napkin holders.

"This is gonna crash and burn real fast, then." He looked nervous.

"Oi! No frowns allowed!" I pouted at him.

"Alright..." He hesitantly smiled.

"Just think of this like a new chapter, I think you'll like working here." I smiled.

"Alright... If you say so..."