Chapter 7

Madison's POV

I woke up to an empty bed, and a headache the size of Texas. I didn't remember anything past Spencer telling Hotch we were going home.

I walked downstairs and the apartment was empty. I was pretty sure Spencer stayed over, the shorts and t shirt he used last time were on the floor on the other side of the bed. I picked up the phone to call him, but saw him sitting outside on the fire escape. I went outside, resisting the urge to hiss at the sunlight.

"Hey. How you feeling?" He asked. He sounded like he was thinking about something.

"My head hurts a little, but I'm okay. You?"

He shrugged. "I'm fine. I wasn't near as drunk as you." He chuckled a bit, but it sounded acidic. Had I done something? This isn't good.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, afraid to hear the answer. He only nodded and went inside. I decided I'd let it go. I followed him. "Do you want to do anything today?" I asked.

He seemed skiddish. "I think I'll just go home." He went to walk out, but I stopped him.

"Tell me what I did before you leave, please." I was worried.

"You didn't do anything. It was probably the alcohol. What do you remember?"

"I don't know.." I wrung my hands and looked at the ground, "I remember you telling Hotch we were leaving and then that's it." He sighed and sat down on the couch.

"It's not a huge deal, because it happens all the time when someone's drunk. You tried to have sex with me," he said. I sighed and mentally slapped myself. "But I'm not upset, I just haven't seen that side of you yet. I'm baffled, it was like a 2nd you." He chuckled. I laughed out of panic and we began laughing together over nothing.

"I'm sorry," I began, "that was probably weird for you."

"It's okay." He assured me, "you were sleep talking again though." His cheeks tinged pink and he knew something I didn't.

"Tell me what I said!" I laughed. He shook his head.

"I'm going to keep it a secret until it's the right time." He said. His phone rang, and he excused himself. 2 minutes later he returned and looked at me. "I have a case," he said. "Hotch said it's not a very small one either. It's down in Florida, it could take a week." He said matter-of-factly.

I nodded. "I understand you know," I smiled. "Your job isn't easy and you have to do what you have to do. Just check in every once in a while."

He nodded. "Hotch said wheels up in 30, so I should get going." He stood up and gave me a hug. I pulled back to look at him.

"Be safe," I said, "call if anything happens, and I'll be here waiting when you get back." I kissed him and he smiled into it.

"You be safe too, beautiful. I'll call when we land or something." I nodded and sent him on his way.

The entire team was gone, but Garcia was here. I called her.

"Hello?" She sounded tired.

"Hey garci, what are you doing?"

"Nothing sweet pea. The team just left for Florida and I'm in my dojo."

"Mind if I come join you?" I asked. "I'll bring food." She granted permission and I started on my way. I picked up Chinese and arrived at the building.

"Excuse me, do you have permission to be here? Visitors pass or anything?" A guard asked me.

I shook my head. "N-no, I'm here to see Garcia." That's when she walked in.