Chapter 9

I landed and called my sister, anxious to get there and do whatever. It was 3 o'clock Washington time, which would be 6 am Quantico time. I decided to just text Spencer.

Goodmorning. I just landed, waiting on Melanie to come pick me up. Have a good day. 😘

I put my phone away, not expecting a text back, but much to my surprise, it started ringing.

"Hey Spence." I was about to get an earful for not calling.

"Mads I told you to call me." He sounded sleepy.

"I didn't want to wake you up. I can tell you just woke up."

"Oh well. Good to know you're there. Have fun, call me later."

"Will do babe. Go back to sleep." I heard snoring on the other end, and I guessed he fell asleep. I went and got my luggage from the baggage claim and I heard someone yelling my name.

"Maddie!" I turned around to see Melanie running toward me with open arms.

"Hey!" I squealed and I hugged her. "You look great! It's been forever." I said.

"Do you want to go get breakfast or something?"

"Mel it's 3 am." I scoffed.

"I know, let's go!" She laughed and I grabbed my stuff, following her. We went to a little coffee shop and got cinnamon rolls with cappuccinos.

"So, update me with your guy friend... What was his name... Sam?"

"Spencer," I laughed. "He's not just a friend anymore either. He asked me to be his girlfriend about 3 weeks ago."

She gasped. "That's so cool! Have you guys done the dirty yet?" She asked.

I went red. "No, Mel. My friend Penelope Garcia did make me buy lingerie sets for whenever we do though."

She smirked. "Have you said you love each other yet?" I nodded. "Aw, tell me about that."

"Well, he had just come back from a case," she stopped me.

"Wait, what does he do?" She asked.

"He's a profiler with the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI."

"That's so cool! It's like you have your own body guard. Anyway, continue." She stopped talking.

"He had just returned from a case all the way in Florida where this lady was killing men who looked like her husband because she blamed him for having 5 miscarriages. Spencer found her before anyone else did and listened to her story before she shot her husband, and he shot her. He was so upset when he came home, we laid in his bed and he cried for 45 minutes before telling me anything. I sang him to sleep and I figured he couldn't hear me so I said I loved him and he said it back before we both went to sleep."

"Awww, that's so cute. I'm glad you have someone to be all mushy with." She grinned.

I yawned. "Yeah. Can we go home? I'm tired." She nodded and we went to her house, where I collapsed onto the couch and woke up at 9 am.

"Morning sleepy head. Get up, we're gonna go do fun stuff." She said. So I got up, showered, and we went to a zoo with all sorts of animals. I took pictures with moose, snow deer, a caribou and a flock of albino peacocks before we left.

"I'll have to show those to Spencer when I get back."

"Do you have a job yet since you graduated?" Mel asked.

"No," I began, "but I turned in an application at Stafford Hospital up there for their ICU."

"Ohh," she said, "how exciting."