Chapter 41

I got better over time. Spencer was so supportive, and so was the team. I worked a little bit here and there when I felt up to it, but I hadn't worked in about two months now. When I didn't work, I stayed home and played with the kids all day. They were both three and a half now, and I was wondering where the time went.

Oh, right, I spent most of it in bed.

It was a warm June day. Spencer and I had just woken up, and were getting ready for the day.

"How you feeling?" He asked, just like every other morning.

"I'm okay," I nodded. "I think I want to stay home with the kids today, though."

"Okay baby," he kissed my forehead. "Take your meds."

He tossed me my pill bottle. I didn't take my meds much, but Spencer made me take them whenever I stayed home to make sure that I would be fine all day. I loved how caring he was. He stood in the mirror beside me and I picked out a tie for him. I tied it around his neck and kissed him, right as the kids ran in.

"Eww!" Eli laughed. I smiled at them.

"Shut up Eli," Ellie whacked his arm. "They like each other." I loved how she had my spunk.

"Oh. Okay." He smiled up and us and I picked him up.

"Yeah but guess what?" I said. He cocked his head at me. "Us girls have cooties!" I kissed him on the cheek, which caused him to squirm.

"Ah, mom!" He yelled. I laughed and set him down as he fixed his hair.

"Go downstairs, I'll be down in a sec to make your guys' breakfast," I commanded. They scurried out and I heard them giggling down the stairs. I turned to Spencer.

"Have a good day at work," I said. He nodded.

"Will do. Have fun around here."

"Okay baby." I kissed him and we walked downstairs. He kissed the kids.

"I love you daddy!" Ellie grinned.

"Me too!" Eli shouted. Ellie shot him a look.

"Me more," she mumbled.

"I love you both. Bye," he smiled and left. I laughed, this was such a normal thing around here. The constant competition between the two kids.

"I love dad more than you," Eli said.

"Nuh-uh," Eli whined. "I do."

"I'm older than you."

"We were born at the same time!" She cried. "Right mommy?"

"Technically he was born before you, baby. 13 minutes before you to be exact. But," I picked her up and put her on my hip. "Your daddy loves you both equally, and you don't need to compete for him, okay?"

"Okay mama." She smiled and I set her back down at the table. I made their breakfast and sat down with them.

"What do you guys want to do today?" I asked them. Eli shrugged, engrossed in his eggs.

"Can we go to the zoo?" Ellie asked. I thought for a second.

"That seems fine," I nodded. "Do you want to do that baby?" I smoothed Eli's hair. He nodded.

We got ready and left. I never really liked driving with them in the car, because I didn't trust anyone on the road. I would hate to get into an accident with my kids in the car, despite their secure car seats.

We got there and I held their hands as we walked through the zoo.

"Mommy, look!" Eli gasped. "A real lion!"