Chapter 37

Spencer and I decided it was just time to take a vacation. When I asked about seeing Diana, he quickly shut the idea down, saying that she had been getting bad and was agitated lately. He offered up going to Kansas to see my mom, but I wasn't quite up to it.

"I mean, we don't really have to go anywhere," I muttered, half focused on the plate I was scrubbing, and half on what Spencer was saying.

"Do you really just want to stay home?" He asked.

"I think it might be nice to just stay in for a while," I shrugged and finished drying the dishes.

"We should at least try to do something worth our time."

"Relaxing is worth our time," I scoffed. "You've been stressed the past few weeks anyway, if I were you I'd be glad to stay home."

Spencer nodded, weighing the idea. "Alright."

I called Hotch the next day, telling him that Spencer and I were taking a personal week. I had said that our phones were on if they needed us, but otherwise we would be in the house, recuperating.

I set my phone down and turned over to Spencer, who was rubbing his eyes and groaning about how bright the sunrise was through the window. I giggled at him, but stopped as I began to remember a morning a long time ago when Spencer had said the same thing after he fell asleep in my apartment.

Flashback

I walked down the stairs quietly, not wanting to wake Spencer up. He was practically falling off the couch, which made me laugh to myself.

I watched him for a second as he turned a little bit and burrowed further under the blanket I had draped over him. I guess I had never thought I'd get so close with someone that just lived on the floor above me. Maybe we'll actually be a couple some day instead of just flirting awkwardly and dodging each other, I thought. I rolled my eyes at the fact that I was a hopeless romantic.

After a few minutes of thought, he started to stir, so I quickly made my way to the kitchen and made it look like I was making breakfast. Spencer slowly made his was over to the counter and sat across from where I was standing.

"Morning," I muttered, attempting to be nonchalant.

"Hey," he said groggily.

We ate together and talked for a bit before he decided he needed to go.

"Thanks for breakfast, and letting me stay over," Spencer smiled weirdly.

"Uh, yeah, no problem."

"See you later."

"Bye," I waved. I closed my door and took a deep breath. I really hoped I wasn't actually starting to like this guy.

End of flashback.

"What?" Spencer asked, looking at me strangely.

"Nothing, just spaced out." I brought myself back to the present. He nodded and got up, walking to the bathroom to do his morning routine. I stayed in bed; I didn't want to stop reminiscing. Something in me missed the old days, how Spencer and I used to be.

We spent that day at the house, relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We played some soft music and danced a little, but other than that, we stayed in bed. Occasionally, Spencer would subconsciously rub my stomach or trace little patterns on it.

As much as Spencer wanted to get out and do things, the rest of the week was like that. I'd convince him to just lay around with me all day and relax. I often used the phrase, "we won't be able to do this in a few months." It usually worked.