Chapter 12

Spencer stayed over every night for the next week, and I was totally fine. I took naps sometimes when he went to work for a little bit and had zero nightmares. I figured since I was going to start working in.. 4 days now, I should probably get back to normal.

Whatever that is.

Spencer came home from work, 6:13 on the dot, like it had been for the last few days. "Hey," he said, giving me a side hug and hanging his bag on the coat rack.

"Hey, how was work?" I asked.

"Good, Hotch found a case that we'll be leaving for at noon tomorrow though." He said. I shrugged at him.

"I'm doing fine," I said. "I've been taking naps while you're at work, and there's no nightmares to be found." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Good to hear." He said. "So, since I'm going to be gone, I was going to ask you to go upstairs tomorrow night and make sure my grandfather clock is wound up. I do it every Friday night."

I giggled at his quirky request. "Yes, I'll take care of your grandpa clock. What time do you do it?"

He seemed surprised I actually asked. "7, it's just a routine thing though."

I nodded and wrote it on a sticky note as a reminder.

"I'm going to go get my go bag ready, I'll be right back." I nodded at him and he scurried away. He seems almost excited about something.

Spencer's POV

Once I got into my apartment, I called Garcia.

"What's up boy genius?" She asked, chirpy as ever.

"I got Maddie to buy my excuse. We're set for tomorrow night. Be at my place by 9 tomorrow morning so we can get everything done. Park around back though, she can't see your car. Pass it on." I said.

"Sounds wonderful. See you tomorrow." She hung up and I cleaned the apartment up a little bit so it wasn't all cluttered. I walked back downstairs with my go bag that had been packed for weeks already.

I walked in and she turned around. "That was quick." She said. She was so oblivious, and I was so anxious to get on with tomorrow night. She yawned. "I'm tired. Can we go to bed early?"

"Have you eaten?" I asked. I like to make sure since she still looks thin.

"No, I'm not hungry." She said simply. I shook my head at her.

"Eat something, then we can go to bed."

She rolled her eyes and poured a bowl of cereal. It wasn't what she necessarily needed nutrient-wise, but I let it slide since it had calories in it. She finished and washed her dishes. "There, can we go now?" I nodded and grinned at her. I followed her upstairs and we got into bed, falling asleep at an early 7:30.

I woke up that next morning at 7. "Jeez, I slept for 11 hours, 29 minutes and 17 seconds. I can't sleep anymore." I thought. I crawled out of bed, careful not to wake her. I wrote a note to her and left it on her bedside.

Mads,

I got up and left early so I could help Hotch get the files printed and ready for the case. I should be home in about 4 days. I'll call later, be safe, I love you.

Spencer

I went outside and moved my car to the back parking lot of the complex so she couldn't see it. I went to my apartment and started unpacking stuff and putting little decorations everywhere. Garcia showed up with the rest of the team within the next hour.