Chapter 18

Song: Over and Over by Nathan Sykes

I took Spencer home 4 days later. I made him stay at my house so I could help him with anything he needed.

My phone started playing my obnoxious alarm and I got up, opened the curtains and looked outside.

"Shut the curtains, I'm sleeping." Spencer whined, pulling blankets over his head. I rolled my eyes and shut them before sitting next to him in bed. I handed him his pain meds and his antibiotics.

"Take your medicine." I ordered.

"I don't wanna."

"Quit being a child, come on." I chuckled. He sat up and took them begrudgingly.

"Shit, it's 8:00." He said, and jumped out of bed.

"What do you have going on?" I asked.

"Uhh, work." He looked at me like I was crazy. "Hotch wants us there by 8:30 every day."

"Uhh, no." I stood up and crossed my arms. "You're not going to work. You just got released yesterday. You're out for at least a week or until you get your stitches out."

"But Hotch-"

"I already talked to him. You have quite enough paid leave time. It's fine." I said. "But since you're up, get dressed. I'm taking you to breakfast." He rolled his eyes and got dressed, and we went to a small diner downtown. We ordered and sat in silence for a few moments before he began speaking.

"I have a question for you." He said, his eyes fleeting around the room like he was nervous.

"Okay? Go for it."

"I was wondering if you'd come to Las Vegas with me in a few weeks." He said. "I just thought since I had met your parents I could take you to meet my mom if you're okay with it. I could take you sight seeing and we could go do stuff together." He was now looking at me, waiting for an answer. I was shocked he'd ask me to go meet his mom after what I'd heard about her. It only made sense though, he had met my parents.

"That sounds great." I smiled, excited to go on a trip with him.

"We can go on one of your weekends if you'd like, just tell me when." He said, slightly grinning. "I'm covering tickets this time."

"Whenever you want to go is fine, I don't mind taking time off." I told him. Our food came and we ate in silence. Afterward, we went to a park across the street and walked for a bit.

"Do you realize we're going to be together for six months in a few days?" Spencer asked, smiling and taking in the scenery.

I took a moment to look at him before answering. I looked at his smile, suddenly feeling sentimental. The way the early sunlight hit his eyes brought forth a lighter shade of brown flecked with slight hints of green and showed his smile lines. I didn't even notice he was looking back at me and grinning until he said something.

"You're staring you know." He laughed at me and I got red, scolding myself for gorging myself with his complexion.

"I know, about the whole six months thing." I said, reminiscing on memories of him and I. I smiled at the thoughts and felt him take my hand.

"I'm happy to have you." He mumbled, a ghost of a smile still on his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too Spence." I squeezed his hand and we continued walking. I knew Spencer had told me tons before that he loved me and I had told him as well, but this time it felt like it had more meaning and more love behind it.