Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“And this is my room,” I told Pierce coming to the end of our tour. “Well, it will be when I fix it up,” I corrected.  

I pushed open the white door and flipped the light switch to on and took a look around. I had only ever been in this room one other time, so I was still getting used to it. It was definitely not as grand as Kieran’s room, but it was still very nice and would suit me perfectly. Everything was white and wood colored.

Tomorrow I’ll have Kieran take me into town and pick up some paint for it. I think it would look beautiful with half purple and half white walls with a thin border separating them. I could practically envision the whole thing. 

“It’s nice, I guess; for a girls room anyway,” he said.

“Well I guess it’s a good thing you don’t have to live it then,” I laughed slapping his shoulder teasingly.

He walked further into the room and looked around before plopping down in the pale pink chair in front of the window. He kicked his feet up on the bed next to him and let himself relax.

“Well, I would say make yourself at home, but it looks like you already have,” I smiled.  

Placing his hands behind his head and leaned back into the chair, a wide smirk covered his face. He looked at me expectedly.

“What?” I asked cautiously.

“So…you and the Alpha huh?”

My smile dropped and I groaned and rolled my eyes at him before plopping down on the bed where his feet laid.

“Don’t start,” I warned him. “You don’t even know him. This isn’t like the time you teased my boyfriend in the sixth grade, this is real life. Kieran won’t stand for your careless attitude and disrespect towards his pack.”

“Well, it certainly seems like he’s got you bowing down to him,” he stated with amusement.

I frowned at him. “No, I just have respect for him. Something you know not of. Just because you got away with everything in Daniel’s pack doesn’t me that you can here. Or in The Red Moon pack for that matter. They actually enforce rules around here.”

“Yeah, yeah, so I’ve been told,” he chuckled brushing off my statement.

“Why did you choose The Blood Moon Pack anyway?”

He shrugged. “Harley’s sister Marci is mates with the Beta, Dawson. He said we’re welcome to join. They won’t start us out at the bottom of the pack there.”

I raised my eye brow to him. I know there had to be more. “And?”

He smirked. “And…I might have my sights set on a girl over there.”

Of course. I rolled my eyes and giggled at him. “I knew it had to be something like that. I feel sorry for your mate when you finally meet her. She’ll get a girl chaser for a mate.”

“What can I say, I can’t be tamed. I don’t think there are mates for guys like me anyway.”

I knew he was trying to joke around, but I didn’t miss the brief flinch at his own words. I felt bad for him. I hope he honestly didn’t believe that about himself. It would be pretty depressing to go through life thinking you didn’t have a mate.

“Every wolf has a mate, so don’t go getting crazy idea’s in your head,” I said.

He offered me a small smile before he yawned and looked down at his attire. His shirt was still ripped, he had dried blood on his skin where the wounds had healed, and his hair was disheveled. He looked horrible.