Chapter 21

Chapter 21

“Is she okay?”

     “She’ll be fine. She we knocked her out, but she’ll be waking up soon.”

“She’ll probably be hungry. I’ll get her something to eat when she’s up.”

     “Come get me when she is. I want to talk to her. Axel will probably want to talk to her too.”

My neck and back ached. My head was hard to move. There was a stinging at the base of my neck and it felt like there might have been a tiny knot there when something was inserted.

That must be what they used to knock me out earlier. Was it some kind of serum?

“Open the door,” a soft, gentle voice said. “I’ve brought her some food.”

The sound of feet hitting a hard floor and metal clinking vibrated through the room. Then lighter footsteps came closer.

I didn’t move. I was afraid to. I didn’t know where I was or who was here with me. All I wanted was Kieran and I was taken from him. I couldn’t even feel him or reach him. Tears started to seep from my closed eyes. My soul was aching from the distance between me and my mate.

 When I forced my eyes open I found myself staring at a blank, white wall. I let my eyes travel up to the ceiling. It was white too. It had the feel of an insane asylum. Shiver ran down my spine.

I turned to examine the rest of the room trying to ignore the pain running through my body. It was a struggle to roll over until a set of soft, cold hands helped me. I tensed, but they still helped me move. I felt the smallest bit of relief when I saw that the hand belonged to a small, thin girl. She was beautiful.

Her long red hair fell in waves around her face and cascaded down her back. Her skin was naturally light though she looked recently sun kissed. The pink of her cheeks only added to her other pretty features.

The first thought that came to my mind was, why was she here with me? Was she a prisoner to? Was she taken away?

“Hi,” she said and drew back her hands. “I’m glad you’re awake. I was beginning to worry about you.”

Seeing me now trying to sit up in the bed she helped me again. When I was in the position I wanted to be watched her with caution unsure if I could trust the unfamiliar girl that sat the white chair in front of me.

“I thought you’d be hungry. I brought you some food. You’ll regain your energy quicker if you eat something,” she explained. Her eyes glanced at the food on the small two person table a few feet from the bed. I was surprised to see that wasn’t the only thing in the room.

Everything was dressed in white. A small white couch sat in the middle of the room. It was a love seat that would only hold two people. An open closet and set of Chester drawers stood against another wall. There were a few articles of clothes in them. To my surprise they were not white. There was also the white table and chairs I saw before and in the corner of the room was a small bathroom with a white sink, toilet, and shower. The door was also white and stood wide open.

At least there was a door. I didn’t expect any privacy here. Wherever the hell here was.

The whole room was like a tiny studio apartment minus the kitchen. I guess they didn’t trust me with one. After all, I could set the entire place on fire by simply turning on the stove if I wanted to.