Another day begins

Sohma was minding his own business in the hallway and thought of what he could do with his free time. As he thought of that, he spotted a small figure passed by the corner of his eye.

"Hm? Is that the kid? " he wondered what she was doing and decided to follow them. 

This was the first time she had come out of her room since she had been brought here. From afar, he watched as she was looking around suspiciously. She was likely trying to avoid the residence here and wondered why. Was it because they're all adults? 

He followed her a bit more and eventually she was at the entrance. 

"I guess she wanted to go outside," he thought as he skillfully approaches her without making a sound.

She puts her hand on the door and manages to slide it open to reveal the garden outside.

"Beautiful day outside isn't it?" Sohma exclaims happily, standing right next to her while the girl gave him a look of an animal trying to recover from a heart attack.

"Sorry, did I scare you?"  he asks as she nodded violently and he let out a chuckle. 

"Hahaha, sorry again," he looks down at her and noticed that her face was still pink from her fever. 

"Hey, have you taken your medicine?" he asked and the girl nodded in response. 

"That's good but even though you've taken your medicine little girls still need to get some rest. Let's go," he tried taking her hand but she pulled away.

He looked at her to see her holding her own hand in fear as she stared at Sohma cautiously. Sohma then remembered that she is still trying to settle down so he quickly thought of something else.

"Oh.. then.. how about I just show you," he awkwardly points at the direction they were going and the girl looked back at the forest before following after him. 

They continued to walk through the hallway while Sohma kept an eye out for her. She has been awfully well behaved the whole time and, of course, was extremely quiet. She didn't go anywhere out of his sight or run away from him and she didn't try anything to annoy him but she was still putting a long distance with him. Maybe if she keeps this up she'll be like this for everyone. Just as he thought about that, they arrived at her room and when Sohma slides open the door, (Y/n) was there cleaning and putting away the bottles and bandages.

"Oh! (Y/n)!" he flashes a smile at her.

"Good morning Sohma!" she greeted and stood up, walking over to them.

"Hello there, where have you been?" she looked down at the little girl.

"She was exploring a bit and I found her so I decided to take her back here to rest again," Sohma replied in her stead.

"Hmm..." (Y/n) bend down and look at her from up and down. 

"Hey, if I'm free. Do you want to go to town with me? I want to buy you some new clothes so is that okay?" she smiled sweetly while the girl tugged on her hood to hide her face but she still nodded.

"It looks like she likes you!" Sohma happily says. 

"Although, I still think she's afraid. Did you manage to find anything about her parents?" (Y/n) asked.

"I went out into town and so far there's no one that lost the kid that fits her description," he replies disappointingly. 

"But I was thinking, you guys did say that you found her before we met your aunt. Is that right?"

"Huh? Oh yes! We did," (Y/n) said.

"Well, I thought about it and I'm wondering if Lady Rui has lost a child just in case. It might seem weird but I'm just having a hunch," he suggested while (Y/n) looked like she was deep in thought.