Unfinished

A week had passed since then and they all managed to return home. They settled in over the days at home yet it had been much quieter than usual without Noka around as everyone went to their usual business. Some went to finish their villages work while others did anything to fight off their boredom. Even Enya wasn't in the mood to flirt with women.

Benkei and (Y/n) were supposed to rest due to their injuries. But Benkei was already training his best outside the estate. He had that look on his face that always shows whenever he was serious; like carrying out duties or fighting at full strength against enemies. So no one bothered to stop him knowing he wouldn't do so if they did.

(Y/n) also wanted to do something so she went into the library to read anything.

"Let's see..." she searches through many books until she accidentally drops one.

"Oops..." she picks it back up to find the book had opened to a page of tengus. It seems to be a book about all sorts of spirits and yokais.

"This must be Shizuka's..." she taught as she walks around the room while she starts to read the book.

"Snake women... Kitsune..."

"(Y/n)?" she stopped walking when Hyuga was at the doorway looking at her weirdly.

"How's your arm?" a worried look spread on his face most likely that (Y/n) wasn't resting.

"It's doing better," but she soon notices that his eyes trailed to the book she was reading.

"You miss Noka too don't you..." she states. Hyuga bit his lips to hide his sadness but (Y/n) hugs him without another word.

"....you feel cold..." he looks at her face without letting go of her. "Pale as well... you should really rest,"

"Only if you're with me~" she says which he amusingly obliges. 

The following days, Hyuga and (Y/n) look out for each other's health and soon he finally allowed her to work on her own. (Y/n) started rereading the old scrolls left behind about the three sacred treasures while rewriting some of the notes into a new book. As she did, the room got cold that she sneezed a bit.

"Ah! ... I might catch a cold..." she thought as she looks at the box that contains the three sacred treasures.

"I haven't clean them for a while," she thought as she walks over to the box to take them out. The box was beautifully crafted by a talented craftsman that has a special lock to it. Remembering the combination, she easily opens it.

(Y/n) then started cleaning the mirror first since it had a flatter surface to collect dust. Once she was done it showed her reflection clearly. Surprised, she really did look pale like Hyuga mentioned the other day. She was about to put down the mirror but then she notices something in the reflection behind her as well. Someone was standing behind her.

(Y/n) immediately look around in a panic but there was no one there. Letting out a sigh of relief, she looks in the mirror once more and this time, instead of seeing her face, it was a ghostly pale child with long white hair that his bangs covered half their face. Streams of blood stained their pale porcelain skin that came from their hidden eyes beneath their hair.

"WAH!" (Y/n) scream that she almost dropped the mirror.

"W-what... are you..?" she stared at the mirror for a while. The child didn't disappear and allowed her to stare at him closely in the mirror.

"You're... the boy..." she recalled the time he appeared before her and Hyuga when looking for Noka. He had always been watching over her.

A long silence fell upon the room as she once recalled Noka.