Book to the face, step by step

Few days had past and things weren't so good again. Noka didn't talk much after what (Y/n) asked her and she felt guilty for asking in the first place but the men comforted her. However, she kept wandering around the house without anyone and every morning one of the men would see her in the library just reading and nothing else. What was troublesome was they wanted to know if she was sleeping properly since there were dark circles under her eyes that were getting worse. Sometimes, some of them would see her outside so they instructed the animals to watch over her and report if she was going anywhere so they would bring her back. Fortunately, it wasn't often as they thought.

Even Enya decided it was his time to take action for (Y/n). She would've done it herself but since she was the one who asked that question, Noka kept avoiding her. Enya was a Village Chief so was sure he can get along with Noka since he gets along well with children in his village. He was also a nice and fun person to be around with.

But unfortunately, it didn't turn out so well. 

It was the afternoon and opening the door to the library, he let himself in "Hey there!" Enya exclaims as he sat across from her on the floor. Noka looks at him weirdly without putting her book down 

"So whatcha reading?" he asked starting up the conversation.

All she did was point out at the book's title; Herbs of the Water Village. 

"Huh, for a kid you're pretty smart if you know how to read a book like that. Where'd you learn from?"

She shrugged in response to his question and continues to read. 

"Oi, I'm talking to you..." Enya pouted knowing that this conversation was off to a bad start and rested his jaw on his arm on the table, trying to think of something else.

Out of boredom for staring at her for awhile. He sticks out his finger and pokes her side of her head making her body tip over a bit. He pokes her side of the head again to see her reaction as she swatted his arm away like a kid.

Enya chuckled again as he began pulling her cheek next. It wasn't too hard it was still painful to Noka. 

Suddenly, she did something that was unexpected to the red-headed adult. His vision blacked out and swollen pain as the book Noka was reading hit his face.

"Ow..." he groans in pain as he slowly removes the book from his face. 

There was a noise of a door sliding opening and being closed forcefully behind him probably, and most likely, Noka leaving the room.

In the evening, the guys gathered around Yoshitsune for a simple meeting on what they will do with her. She was getting more troubled when they try to talk to her now. Yoshitsune tried talking to her the other day but when he came out from the room he was completely silent.

"Yoshitsune, I think it's about time we send her to an orphanage," Kazemasa suggested.

"I guess that would be the best..." he gave in with a sigh.

"Y'know, that's actually a terrible idea. With looks like those, who knows where she'll end up," Enya frowns at the thought of it.

"What if we send her to one of our villages. She has potential after all. I mean she did manage to slip through train ninjas like us even though we still manage to catch her."

"But is it a good idea? She's only a little girl, and training would be harsh on her," Hyosuke pointed leaving others in silence to think.

"Is it okay if I speak?" (Y/n) raises her hand.

"(Y/n)?" Hyuga said.

"Yoshitsune, I would like to request that she stays a little longer?" everyone looks at her wide-eyed.