Damned Child

The next morning, everyone was relieved when they heard Noka's crying and apologizing to (Y/n) in her normal form.

"Imsorry Imsorry! I'm sorry..." she sobs in her clothes while (Y/n) could only hug her when she did. Noka seems to remember everything that happened to her as a dog and kept apologizing for what she has done.

They were happy to know she was back to normal. But after she finished crying, she didn't talk to anyone anymore and lock herself in her room. They all visited her one person at a time to cheer her up or ask how she was feeling. But like the first time she met them, she hid under the blankets of the futon.

"Noka! I got some sweets!" Sohma says knocking on her door but there was no response.

A few hours later, they tried again.

"Noka, have you packed up? Do you want to play with Ralph and Kermit when we get home?" Mizuki asked but she still hasn't responded.

And again.

"Noka! I got you a new dress to put on!" Goyo says excitedly but as usual, just cricket silence.

"She hates me..." he cries as everyone else was resting at the living room table for lunch as Enya pats his shoulder in comfort.

They were all trying to figure out what to do. They just wanted to talk to her like they use to. Cheer her up. But no matter how many times they knocked on her door, call out to her to eat with them or play, she just doesn't come out or want to see any of them. (Y/n) was worried that she would get sick so she leaves a tray of food in front of her door. Fortunately, she was able to find the tray finished outside the door by the next hour.

"Maybe it's best that we leave her alone for a while," Noritsune says.

"Hey it's clear she's going through something yet she doesn't want to tell us," Hyosuke says defensively.

"Well... maybe she's mad at us that we tried to strangle her?" Benkei suggests with a guilty look on his face.

"That's not true. Noka wanted to apologize to you too," (Y/n) says.

"Yeah, but she told you to tell us," Enya adds. Silence overwhelms them once again that makes it dreary than before.

"Hey Kazemasa say something," Hyosuke raises his voice over to him who was paying more attention to a book than to their conversation. However, he continued to read.

"What are you reading?" Sohma asked this time since he was closer to him.

For a while, he didn't speak as everyone stared at him intently. Finally, he spoke.

"Is Noka Human?" he asks in a blunt tone.

"What... are you talking about? Of course!" Goyo answers.

"Then again, does everyone remember her form as an animal?" Kazemasa adds.

"Yeah, she was a dog..." Enya said.

"But she was huge compared to Pochi and Hachi. Yet they're both adults while Noka is only a child. If the potion works, shouldn't she be a puppy smaller than them?"

"But what if she's a bigger species?" Goyo said.

"All the time I have traveled. I've never seen a dog that big in my life," Mizuki says.

"Shizuka, do you feel any 'spiritual energy'?" Kazemasa asks her as she only had a guilty look on her face.

"....Yes," she replied hesitantly. "When I first saw her in her animal form. She looked too unnatural,"