Gilbert and Sullivan

You know, I have found out that people think that because Shakespeare was dull and boring that all plays from before the year 2000 are dull, boring, and hopelessly out of date. At least that is how it seems to me because nobody kinows about the two best  writters to exist. theswe two gentlemen were awesome!!!! they wrote dozens of play/operaettas and had 15 that made it to the point of beng famous. (or at least were played in London)

At any extent, I find this to be a miserable state of affairs. Simply because when I attempt to converse with people about these wonderfull writers I am thwarted by ignorance. not that ignorance is all that bad but in this case it is vexing. Sadly I dislike being vexed. So I have devised a way for you to at least know some of their stuff. by putting a video of one of their most famouse songs to the side of this tirade.------------------------------------------------------>>>>Over here somewhere.

This is the song "I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" it is part of the operetta Pirates of Penzance.  one of thier few still popular operettas. Sadly i went with the normal version of this song for the featured video. HOWEVER, this is the link for the funny modernized version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DJaNbD6R2s&feature=BFa&list=PLCA977B4C6B584D36&lf=mh_lolz

Yes, I did know that you cannot copy paste that, BUT, if you are interested enough you can copy it into your web browser bar.