Two Hearts That Beat As 1

Chapter thirteen - Two Hearts That Beat As 1

February 1, 2002 (The following morning)

When Beyoncé woke up, she realized Justin was gone. She had a feeling once he slept it off, he would have left. Yesterday was a bad day. Everything they kept in, all of their emotions came to light. She didn't know what to do or if she should pretend like it didn't happen. Knowing deep down, that wouldn't have worked.

And the way Justin came into her room last night was just bizarre. She'd never seen him behave like that. Let alone, she didn't think he really felt that way about her. She had a bad feeling that he wasn't going to forget about this.

She decided to build up the courage to go see how he was doing. After knocking on his front door, she waited patiently for a response. Moments later, the door swung open and the familiar guy peered out. He quickly shielded his eyes from the sun beaming down on him. From the looks of it, it looked as if he just woken up. "Good morning." She was the first to speak. He wrapped the sheet tighter around him, his gaze never leaving hers. She was waiting for him to say something but he didn't. "Um, I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. With what happened yesterday...last night, I..."

"I'm good." He cut her off.

"Oh..." She held her head down, fiddling with her fingers habitually.

"Aside from the terrible hangover I have." She lifted her head to meet his gaze. "You wanna...come in?" A grin formed upon her lips.

"Sure. Thank you." He stepped aside, allowing her to enter the house.

"You can have a seat. I'm just gonna go put on some clothes." He shut the door, proceeding up the stairs to his room. She sat down on the sofa in the living room, her eyes landing on the television where a movie was showing. A Lifetime movie. She loved Lifetime movies.

"Good morning." She quickly looked up to see Lynn enter the living room.

"Um, good morning, Misses Timberlake." She took a seat on the across from her with a glass of juice. "How are you?"

"I'm great. How are you?" She shrugged her shoulders with a smile.

"I'm okay." Lynn put her gaze back on the television, getting back into her movie. She felt even more awkward around Lynn because of what happened at the party yesterday. It was going to take some time before things got back to normal.

Twenty minutes had passed and Justin finally made it back downstairs. "Did you eat breakfast?" She looked up to stare at him. He wore a pair of jeans and a Ed Hardy t-shirt.

"Um, no. I..."

"Would you like to go out and have breakfast? We can go to The Haven. They have a great selection to choose from." She stood to her feet, brushing down her shorts.