Can We Still Be Friends?

Chapter seventeen - Can We Still Be Friends?

June 9, 2002 (Six weeks later)

It had been over two months since Justin and Beyoncé last had their sexual encounter. But he had to admit, they'd become closer during that time. Hanging out and being normal friends. Even though they'd been fighting the way they truly felt. Especially Justin. This was harder for him. He had urges but he fought them.

Also during that time, he had been visiting the studio with a few producers. Timbaland and The Neptunes were a few. It was one in the morning and he was still finishing up a track with Pharrell with one of his artists. Her name was Vanessa and the song she was featured on was titled, Rock Your Body.

"So whattt didddd you come here for?" He song into the microphone in the sound box.

"I came to dance with youuuu." Vanessa song.

"And you know that youuu don't wanna hit the floor."

"I came to romance with youuu." He removed his headphones, sitting his sheet of lyrics on the stand in front of him.

"Can we go back to the beginning? From the bridge." He spoke into the microphone.

Two hours later, they finally finished the song. Pharrell and his team left the studio, leaving Justin and Vanessa. "I'm so tired."

"Me too." He grabbed his things which included a guitar and a back pack. "I'll see you around?" She nodded yes, watching him turn and yank on the door.

"Hey." She grasped his wrist. He turned to face her, watching her move in closer. "You know, I've been holding back all day. I wanted to wait until we were alone to say this." He searched her face in questioning.

"Say what?"

"You wanna maybe go out sometimes?" He looked away, thoughts wandering his mind. For one, he had no idea how to answer her question. He wasn't sure if he was ready to date anybody. He knew for a fact that he wanted one person but she was too afraid to take the chance. He also knew that he hadn't gotten laid in weeks and it was driving him crazy. "You don't have to answer now." He quickly met her gaze. "I know you're tired. I'm exhausted too. So..." She grabbed a pen from off the table. "Here's my number." He watched her write her digits on the palm of his hand. "You can call me later. Tell me your decision then." She met his gaze once more with a smirk on her face. This wasn't good. He could feel himself getting in the mood and any other day, it wouldn't have been this easy. But he was still a man who had needs and those needs weren't fulfilled.

He dropped his back pack to the floor. He then, sat his guitar on the sofa, taking steps towards her. "I've been watching you too. All night." A grin slowly formed upon her lips.

"I could tell." He gazed into her eyes, debating on whether to make the first move. He couldn't take this anymore. Nothing was going to change the way he felt about Beyoncé. But he still needed some relief.